• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

What Kind Of Bear Do You Hunt?

What Kind Of Bear Do You Hunt?

• Griz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • American Black Bear

• Kodiak Brown Bear

• Brown Bear of Eurasia

• Asian Black Bear

• Polar Bear

• I hunt more than one type of bear

• I just like to read about them

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vermonsta

Blackies is all we have here in Vt.
one of these days I might connect ...usually don't exclusivly hunt for them but seem to run into mamma and the cubs during the season and have seen more after the season. 3 times on the day after the season closes here. Once while hunting Bearbrook Park in Nh (bowhunting deer only) had a 150 lber with ear tags come under my stand and wind me and bolt off through some thick brush that I gave up after 10 yards. What a kick. amazing critters !

Zbearclaw

GOing after my first blackie this summer, in California. Georgia's population is growing fast, so once I get out of the military I will hunt them every year there, but would love to have a nice California Black Bear RUg from my time here. Good luck this season, I willpost anything I see, and especially if I get anything.

RIDGEBACK

Inactive
Edmond Burke....great quote..great irishman. He's also know for a much less popular quote from 1797! "It is not, what a lawyer tells me i may do; but what humanity, reason, and justice, tell me i ought to do"! i'm also an investigator and would would like to talk with you sometime bishop....best regards sir blackies are a blast...hey bryan.....keep tryin buddy, it will happen when u least expect

Widux

This year we will be eating lots of bear! My wife and I both drew tags for fall season in WI, I have a tag for spring in MB, and am going to BC on combo hunt- yea another bear op-all blackies.

arizona hunter

In Arizona we only have Black bears and they do show up black or cinnamon.

In 1997 I did manage to take a large (approx live weight 225) 10 1/2 year old sow (she was dry-no cubs). Both my wife and I thought it was the finest tasting wild game we had ever eaten.

Have gone out a few years since, but all I've seen is scat. Maybe this will be the year for a second bear, only the Lord knows for sure.

Widux

Well maybe we won't be eating too much bear- my spring hunt sucked! snow two days and bruins were still in active- Soo I'm going back in fall- My wife and I also donated our Wi tags to handicapped and young kids with life threatining diseases so that's 2 more down BUT i still have a tag in BC so should have at least 1 and maybe two blackies this fall.

KevinZ

koala or pandas are my favorite to hunt.

Seriously - I am going after black bear for the first time this year.

Houndsmen

I hunt black bears in southern C.A. with Hounds. My buddy and I hunt Plott hounds but any hound that will catch a bear is O.K in my book. I have several friends that hunt Walkers, Black and Tans, Blue Ticks and other mixed breeds. I have been on hunts where our dogs have treed black bears from 100 lbs to 600 lbs. My buddy even bayed and killed a bear that was estimated to be 700 + pounds. Biggest black bear I ever seen. Did about $1,500 damage in vet bills to his best dog. If you ever get a chance to hunt bear with hounds do not pass it up. It will be the best hunt you ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom