What Kind of Fish Finder Do You Have?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
What Kind of Fish Finder Do You Have?

I've got a Bottom Line™ Fishin' Buddy I that I use for float tubin or small boat fishing. It's light and portable.

What kind do you have?

MNHNTR

Reaction score
fishing line with a lure attatched...... that sometimes finds fish........

openocean

Reaction score
Furuno fcv 600L eight color, great fishfinder, especially up on the reefs

BigSwad

Reaction score
Lowrance LCX-15 that came with the boat and Lowarnce X65? along with 2 flashers.

outdoorplay

Banned
Reaction score
Lowrance LCX-15 MT
7" big Screen, 480X350 Pixel, High-res, Recording Dual Frequence Sonar with temp/speed/distance and versatile GPS+WAAS Mapping.

its like having sex on a boat

Mike

scr83jp

Reaction score
What is a good unit for a pontoon or inflatable fishing float?

scr83jp

Reaction score
Why is it when I ask for information about fishfinders for float tubes either by email or in the forum it's ignored? I guess this forum is just for certain selected individuals.

nickroy77

Reaction score
scr83jp - with a response like that, even if I could, why would I want to help you?

Maybe try a follow up post - something like Can anyone help me out?

I'm in the same boat as you - trying to find a fish finder. Trying to get help on defining what my minimum requirements are via internet boards is tough. Everyone has different opinons.

You want a large screen, you want the most pixels and you want the most power and the biggest transducer for the money. You can get into fish finders from anywhere of less than $100 to well over $1k.

Me - I'm looking for something in the $200 - $300 range. Heard some good things about Lowrance x125, but for a few more bucks you can get into x126.

Go to cabelas.com, find the fish finder section, select one, and as you are reading the description - on the right there is a link to a Buyer's guide. Check this out, click on the link then find the "Read Buyer's Guide" link:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...1276&hasJS=true

scr83jp

Reaction score
At the Long Beach show I purchased a Bottom Line Fishin Buddy 1200.I ordered a holder from Cabelas for the fishing buddy .I was on June Lake and almost lost the fishing buddy cause the strapped holder slid under the weight of the fish finder,I grabbed it just in time. Have to find some other way to mount it, maybe with heavy duty velcro if it will adhere to the poly float cat surface or make a bracket to add to the float cat that will hold the fishing buddy .BTW the Hobie Float Cat 75 with foot rest and oars worked great on June ,Gull , Silver and Virginia Lakes.

Top Bottom