What kind of pir is everyone using now.

C

CAMO MAN

I can't find anymore ms20's down here where I live and I was wondering what kind has replaced them.  I read somewhere that someone found a sensor with a different name that was basically the same as the ms20 but I haven't been able to find the post again.  I was wondering if any anyone could help.

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
camo man
walmart is now selling the mainstays home sensor. it comes in a olive green and pale yellow box it is a 110 degree, detects movement up to 70 feet,non metallic construction. on the bottom of the box it will have wm2 for the bronze ones and wm2w for the white ones. it will also say made in malaysia.  this sensor is made by cooper lighting but it does not say so on the box. it does say so on the unit itself w/a little plastic sticker . this sensor also costs $8.94 just like the old regents.  on the actuall circuit board it still has ms 20 on the ones i have purchased.  

C

CAMO MAN

Thanks Swampfoot  that answers my question.  I just got two brand spanking new pf's and ready to build some more cams.  I just couldn't find the ms20 any where.  I thought the mainstays looked alot like the old regent ligts just in a different box.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I haven't seen the Mainstay PIRs out here in SoCal yet. The Walmarts here have replaced the Regent MS20 with a unit made by Vanguard, model #8000 something or other, 110 degree coverage, 60 foot range, $8.95. They have lsited on the box a parent company out of Kentucky, sorry I didn't get the name.

Mule

Reaction score
Same thing here in Michigan, I can't find a MS20 or a Mainstay for the life of me.

Spectr17~Have you used one of those Vanguards yet? I'm getting desperate. I have aquired two cameras and just need a sensor to get started.

C

CAMO MAN

MULE
 I JUST BOUGHT A MAIN STAY LAST NIGHT AT WALLY WORLD AND IT IS THE OLD REGENT MS20 JUST IN A NEW BOX WITH A DIFFERENT NAME ON IT. OUR WAL MART HAS ABOUT A 100 OF THEM WHITE AND BRONZE.  I ALREADY DISECTED IT AND IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME.  MAYBE THEY WILL BE IN YOUR AREA SOON.

Mule

Reaction score
Thanks camo man. I have checked several walmart stores over the last couple weeks with no luck yet, Ill keep trying

Top Bottom