What kindof camera ????

Guy Wire

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been reading a lot of the posts on here, and have decided to buid one of these trail cams.

I have gathered a lot of the parts, but I am having trouble deciding on which camera to get.

What camera(s) are y'all using in your rigs, and how satisfied are you with their performance?

I have seen that some are using the Canon Owl camera. There are so many other "cheap" point-n-shoot" cams out there that I was wondering what other kinds are being used.

If this has been covered elsewhere, sorry for the repeat question.

wvhunter

Reaction score
The biggest reason the OWL PF is so popular is the flash is outstanding when taking pics at night (when the big bucks roam).  In the homebrew camtrakker section of this site it has a list of camera's that have been modified.

The OWL PF sometimes is a little tough to find but with a flash that works to 30+ feet is the best bet (IMHO).

sven

Reaction score
I built my 1st cam with a cheap camera I bought on ebay.  The camera takes decent pictures but it drains the batteries in just a few days.  Along with the bright flash, the Owl PF gives you a long battery life.

davered1

Reaction score
If it is your first camera I would suggest that you buy a older Canon AF off of ebay or from a pawn shop.If you start out with a 50$ + cam you will be gun shy to tackle it.The older AF's are easy to wire to.

like these

(Edited by davered1 at 3:14 pm on Jan. 20, 2002)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom