What rest should I use!

bsbowhunter

Reaction score
Hey guys! I need some "REST" opinions. Travis and I just replaced our stolen bows with two Bowtech "Generals" (actually mine won't be in till tue or wed.) We put a G-5 drop away on Travis's bow and it seems to work great. I have used a Nap 3000 Quick Tune prong rest since the beginning of my release era on all of my other bows. I know nothing about drop aways, so i'm not sure what to look for in this rest. I'm hoping to get at least one opinion on the subject!

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
I have spent half my kids college money tinkering with archery stuff, and the two best I have tried are the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone and the Ripcord, I personally use the Ripcord now, mainly because the Drop Zone couldn't handle being tightened like a man was on the wrench, so I butchered two and went to an all steel rest, the Ripcord.

If you still like the two prongs I would get you to look at the NAP droppers, basically the same rest but drops away. However your previous formula obviously worked, so why change it?

Glad you and Travis are closer to getting your bows back squared away so you can get past the break in, sounds like a hog hunt is in the works soon.

Let us know what you go with.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Trophy Ridge Drop Zone has worked great for me. It's been bulletproof and easy to tune.

Orygun

Reaction score
My ripcord has been a durable rest. It's as accurate as I can make it.

Oregon Archer

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SDHNTR @ Mar 24 2008, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Trophy Ridge Drop Zone has worked great for me. It's been bulletproof and easy to tune.[/b]
Ditto. TR Dropzone has worked awesome for me for that past 5 years.

Gyopo

Reaction score
Schaffer performance archery dropaway.

Kind of pricey. But some of the other rests that are similarly priced seem "cheap" compared to this rest.

el_vaquero

Reaction score
i have a Ripcord and a QAD Ultrarest Pro HD on my two bows....

SDsmokingun

Reaction score
i use the Trophy ridge drop zone and i love it i havent had any problems.

radchad

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Bret you might want to try a w- biscut works great for hunting. I have used one for the past five years with great sucsses.

JNDEER

Reaction score
vote for QAD or whisker...both are great for containment

bsbowhunter

Reaction score
Don't you have to shoot blazer vanes to use a whisker bisquit? I shoot 3" duravanes which are kind of soft

SDHNTR

Reaction score
You don't have to, but they are a heck of a lot more durable. Regular vanes tend to get a bit wrinkled up after repeated shots through a Biscuit, but not enough to say that you can't use them altogether.

Mirkwood

Reaction score
I vote for the QAD.......been using it for the past year with zero problems.

radchad

Banned
Reaction score
yea blazers are the best for the biscut, but you cant go wrong with blazers either.

Top Bottom