What rule says you cant bowfish in LA county?

duggmain

Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy of the rules that say you cannot bowfish in LA County? I don't see any rules why you can't do it.

tcoulter

Reaction score
I saw it somewhere acouple years ago and like you now I can't find it. I see the reg where you cant' shoot a bow in a park but I for the life of me can't find it in the regs. The reg read something like "Cant discharge an arrow or spear into a body of water unless you are submerged (spearfishning)" I cant beliew that would have been repealed

Marty

Reaction score
Did you search the LA County regs?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
13.66.120 Shooting arrows or other missiles--Prohibited where.

Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, a person shall not, within any district or area described in this Part 2, shoot any arrow or similar missile, and a person, firm or corporation shall not cause or permit any arrow or similar missile to be shot, at any place within 150 yards of any public highway, private street used by the general public, recreational area, park, riding and hiking trail, dwelling house, camp or place of human habitation, except when the arrow is shot from and at all times remains on or over, and lands upon, private property, if all persons occupy or having the right to occupy such private property or portion thereof consent thereto. (Ord. 83-0171 § 2, 1983; Ord. 7381 § 1 (part), 1958: Ord. 1769 Art. 1 § 99, 1929.)[/b]

duggmain

Reaction score
That was the only thing I came up with. I quess now that I read that closer. It does put practically everything off limits.

SierraFool

Reaction score
"Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, a person shall not, within any district or area described in this Part 2."

Where's the disticts in part 2?

duggmain

Reaction score
http://www.ordlink.com/codes/lacounty/index.htm

then do a search for 13.66.120

Short and sweet: No way Jose! If you read the first sentence, it says it all.

Part 2 RESTRICTED SHOOTING DISTRICTS

13.66.120 Shooting arrows or other missiles--Prohibited where.
Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, a person shall not, within any district or area described in this Part 2, shoot any arrow or similar missile, and a person, firm or corporation shall not cause or permit any arrow or similar missile to be shot, at any place within 150 yards of any public highway, private street used by the general public, recreational area, park, riding and hiking trail, dwelling house, camp or place of human habitation, except when the arrow is shot from and at all times remains on or over, and lands upon, private property, if all persons occupy or having the right to occupy such private property or portion thereof consent thereto. (Ord. 83-0171 § 2, 1983; Ord. 7381 § 1 (part), 1958: Ord. 1769 Art. 1 § 99, 1929.)

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom