What size of SmartMedia Card?

Muddy Z

Reaction score
What size of memory card (and price $) do you guys run with your digital setups and why?

I am running a D 360 and I am trying to have everything in order so I can get this sucker in the field ASAP.

Thanks.

pocomoke

Reaction score
muddy I use 64mb for my 360 setups.I bought some when they were clearence at bj's for $9.90.I believe the instruction book says you can use up to a 64mb card in the 360 but everyone that I have reads a 128mb card with no problem,I just dont use that big of a card because once it gets kinda of full it can slow the cam down on pic taken time because upon start-up the cam has to find where to store a pic on card and if you have alot of pics on a hugh card it can slow it down.

It does not slow it down alot but the unit is already slow enough being an on/off model with rs232 board....

Muddy Z

Reaction score
Awesome pocomoke. That was the tip that I needed. Thanks again man!

texastrophy

Reaction score
how slow is the 360 and has anyone used a d-340r? what are the plusses and minuses of these cameras?

Stever

Reaction score
Pocomoke great suggestion best card for the price too,
texastrophy, I am new to digital and only own a d390 and d395 and havent had them out there yet.....

thehunter

Reaction score
I like to use the 64mb in my cams. I bought a bunch of them when they went on sale.

wilbur

Reaction score
From what I can tell the 340 and 360 are just about the same camera. They both take great pictures. I think the camera settings/software are more intuitive on the 360 and the 360 can take the bigger memory cards. The 340 won't take a card over 8mg... which limits you on picture capacity unless you crank the resolution way down.

Top Bottom