What the hell kind of bug is this??

KTKT70

Reaction score
Found these nasty looking bugs in the dirt while I was doing some yard work. They look like alien worms with pincher heads. Any one know what they are? Thanks y'all.image.jpg

P304X4

Reaction score
You can get "grub killer" at your local weed & feed or at the garden shop of any chain store. Some brands are better than others, I use Ortho, I spread a dry mix that works well here in the mid west.

KTKT70

Reaction score
I was thinking maybe a good fish bait but was not sure. They seem to be under the wood chips that cover the flower bed. Don't see in my garden soil but will be looking now.

Common Sense

Reaction score
I was thinking maybe a good fish bait but was not sure. They seem to be under the wood chips that cover the flower bed. Don't see in my garden soil but will be looking now.

Sixty years ago I caught lots of bluegill from the local pond using them.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
It means your soil is to rich and moist is why your getting the grubs, make sure you are not over watering your lawn that's usally the cause. but like already mentioned get the grub killer u can get granular and spread and water in or they have a concentrate liquid spray bottle you attach to the hose and saturate the lawn instantly absorbs in, If u don't raccoons, turkeys and pigs will tear your lawn up bad to get to them, excellent protein for their diet......tra

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Revo2811

Reaction score
They love my mulch area. The chickens spend lots of time digging them up. High in protein for you body builders out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonQuixote

Reaction score
Found the same things in my vegetable garden while getting it ready this last weekend here in San Jose. Thought they might be tomato hornworm larvae. Glad I killed all the ones I found.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Earth Babies or Potato bugs is what I remembering they being called, once out of the wrapping they have a stripped butt

child-of-the-earth-aka-jerusalem-cricket.jpg

Latest Posts

Top Bottom