Votes: 4 22.2%
  • During Overcast

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • During Sunny Weather

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

cc93cruiser

Reaction score
After reading through the other poll we have going on about "what time is deer time?" I was thinking it would be a nice knowing what everyone else thinks about climate and deer activity... Post away... My 08 Blackie was spotted when a early mini-snow storm came in... Sucker was caught while he was scooting away towards lower elevation...

dlovato

Reaction score
I had to vote during rain - because the best option, IMHO is "right after" rain - it was the closest of the options. If it's been raining, and clears up for a few minutes - the deer go into the open to dry off/warm up - By far the best time I've ever hunted. Killed lots of deer/elk when this happens.

Big Moose

Reaction score
I think the answer is " right after it stops snowing". That's the time you need to be out and about in deer country.

Moose

buckfever07

Reaction score
I had to say during a rain storm. Simply because it is usually better after the storm has passed through. Not only do the deer move after a storm, the wet ground makes a stalking game a lot easier.

Buck

cc93cruiser

Reaction score
As mentioned plenty of times before, if an early snow storm hits the high sierras, it's callin' in sick time and I'm jumpin' in my cruiser with all my gear...

Top Bottom