What to Do with All that Zucchini

Hunter Angler Gardener Cook

Reaction score
It’s zucchini time in California. The annual Overrunning of the Squash has arrived. Yes, fresh zucchini are good — excellent, if you get them before they’re as big as truncheons — but anyone who grows zukes always has too many. And don’t get me started on zucchini bread. Not a fan.I pickled some zucchini last [...]

More...

One Track

Reaction score
Zucchini soup!

Zucchini boats. Cut in half lengthwise, carve it out like a boat. Stuff with sausage, cheese, etc, and bake.

My mom makes the best!

FoCoHugh

JHO Team Member
Reaction score
We're taking our first crack at zuc's this year. We LOVE them so it should be great!

barel74

Reaction score
I'm sauteing, bbqing, souping, baking them, giving them away, dumping them in the river for hog food, shot a few like clay pigeons. Probably already picked about 200lbs of squash.

Devils Garden

Reaction score
My wife has some great recipes for zucchini bread. She will also grate it and freeze for soups, stews and zucchini bread. You can also use zucchini for bread and butter pickles.

Widux

Reaction score
ours just starting--had some sauteed with summer squash and onions- garlic other nite- before long we will be looking for new ways-we make a sweet pickle from them- ratatouille-bread- and tom sc for winter.

inchr48

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Cut squash, bell peppers, red onions, and any other vegies you like into bite size chunks. Fill a grill basket and close down. Salt, pepper, and any seasoning you want. A couple sprays of olive oil on each side and 3-4 minutes on each side on the grill, then let set off the heat while you grill the meat. Cold leftovers do super in a salad the next day.

Top Bottom