What type enclosure is best??

whitetailfan

Reaction score
What, in everyone's opinion, is the "all-around" best enclosure to house the entire system in. I've been looking around for an enclosure for my second and third cams and I can see a lot of up's and down's about every kind. I thought maybe I ought to ask the experts here. Experience IS wisdom!!!

bat

Reaction score
whitetailfan, it's mostly a personal choice for everybody I think.  When you say put the entire system in it....what does entire consist of?  Cost of enclosures, how many componants you are using(timers etc), bear country, and camera size are just a few things each person has to think about when choosing an enclosure.  I have used the Pelican 1120 and the Highlander enclosures....my choice would be the 1120 because of it's smaller size(RS PIR and PF camera).  Hope this helps a little with your question.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Custom Fabricated 18 gage steel. Elk started designing them, now I know I'm going to be using one similar. Just the right spaces where needed, not too small, no to big, and bear resistant.

Butch

whitetailfan

Reaction score
bat, how do you keep the door on the 1120 secure from being open by an intruder. I have the security of having the unit chained to the tree but I'm just a little uncomfortable with puting little locks through the holes provided on the 1120. If I could overcome that issue, I would probably stay with the 1120's. Do you have any pics of your in action.

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Whitetailfan, I have not used the pelican box but the serpac is similar and I used a cabinet lock on it to keep it locked. I'll encloce a link to it and a pic. MC.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/34411254/34411458FhESUY

I can't get the link to work right but I got the lock at Home Depot and here is the part #. Hope this helps. MC.
5/8" Brass Drawer and Cabinet Cam Lock
Model: #U 9942
SKU: #633206

(Edited by MCinIL at 11:24 pm on May 7, 2002)

bat

Reaction score
whitetailfan,
 I haven't done so yet but before hunting season I'm going to fabicate a cradle for it out of rebarb or something similiar.  It will have a bar under and over the cam and one or two in front of the cam and weld the chain to this.  The cam will be able to sit on top of the lower bar for support.  Only way to get it open or out will be to cut or remove the chain.  No pictures yet.  Hope that helps.  bat

Top Bottom