What was the last bird you shot

WingSetter

Reaction score
Just checking to see what was the last duck, or goose you shot to end this past weekends 2001-02 Season.  Mine was a Cinnamon Teal How about yours?

Whoadog

Reaction score
 I tripled on mallards on Saturday, the only time I shot all day so I guess I made the best of it.

Brian

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Way to go, Brian.

My last bird of the season was actually shot on Wednesday at Mendota... nice fat Greenhead.  

Oh, well I shot another bird that day, but it was a digital gesture, not a gunshot...  at all the geese flying over out of range as I was leaving the refuge.  

Quacker Wacker

Reaction score
Beautiful Bull Sprig.  This was followed by my buddy finishing off just as we were going to pack up with a scotch double on Sprig, his first Sprig ever.  Luckily, my 10 year old was along and had room in his bag.  

Drake Slayer

Reaction score
Mature specklebelly with 20 minutes left in the season. I tripped over a submerged limb; 2 minutes later while watching the dog retrieve the goose ; submersing my gun and effectively closing my season.

Chessie

Reaction score
Hen Greenwing Teal.  Passed up a shot on a Drake Mallard hoping he'd come back.  Oh well, til next year.

Duck Fan

Reaction score
banded gadwall...my first ever in 37 years of hunting!

Spec

Reaction score
Hen Mallard gadwall cross last bird of the year!!

wmidbrook

Reaction score
A Drake woodie that I am going to stuff--shot saturday morning on the Muddy-Ugly-Snag-Ridden River in CA.

Greenhead

Reaction score
Greenhead.

Some how I always feel sorry for the last bird of the season, on the last day of the season. I held that drake, looked in his eyes, and said, "If you had kept your wits about you for just a few more hours, you would have lived to see another season."

He had no response.

huntducks

Reaction score
Greenhead

Your not alone, I have thought the same thing myself, where you just lucky to this point, or was I just better.

Somehow i'll go with a little luck on both our parts.

Top Bottom