• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

What's in Your Pen?

What breed of dog is your favorite?

• Black and Tan Coonhound

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Bluetick

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • English

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plott

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Redbone

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Walker

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Catahoula Cur

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Leopard Cur

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • No preference just as long as it catches game

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters

snuffynfl

well i would have to go with the blackmouth cur . i got one back in dec a buddy gave me her for free said she would not hunt for him . well she is 3 for 3 on wounded deer for me and she turned out great so for me . she just turned 1yr . and the best is she will hot trail to and she is a shut mouth

socalgobblerhunter

I have to say that my two Japanese Kishu-ken are the best pig and bear hunters that I have ever seen or used. They are extremely fast runners and extremely agile.

They are a direct descendeant of the japanese wolf so they have very wolf like hunting instincts.

They are still un heard of here in the US but my family has been using them to hunt pigs in japan for almost a 100years.

I have a 5 year old male name Liki(which means strength in japanese) and a 2 year old female named Yuki(which means snow). I hunt pigs and bears with them here in california.

These breeds are good with children and are a one family dog. They are also good watch dogs and are very clean.

The physical featurs of a kishu is as follows: Color is usually white with a little brown, they are a spits type breed and are related to the Akita and the shiba. They weigh about 75 to 80lbs.

My dogs were born on a wild pig farm in japan so their parents were used to rounding up pigs and also used to hunt them.

Gen Murofushi

Orso

Socalgobblerhunter - Do you hunt them on private or public land in California? If it is public what area (and I don't mean for you to give me your sweet spot, but just what forest are you hunting for pigs in)???

copper

I am a rabbit hunter and have two great beagles. Up her in northern NH we get some deep snow so we need tall beagles I have two 15 inch hounds and they will run on anything. Below zero or 90+ degrees in the summer.

They run em I'll shoot em gota love that

HAP

had to choose other as i did not see black mouth curs in the list but we own and hunt the silver run blackmouth curs
great site
your friends down south
hap and charlie

remibadboy

Hi, I am new here, Ive got a 10 month old American Bulldog bitch, Im trying to start on hogs. Ive only had her on a domestic once, she attempted to catch by the neck rather than the ear and couldnt hold her grip. but shes still young and well keep trying!

Widux

In ou rpens we have coyotes and in other hogs- for training in our kennels we have plotts and walker plott crosses used for bear- coyotes- coon- and then joey- the leetle beagle has his home betwixt the other 16-and he hunts rabbits so doesn't need a pen of his own. Could you get away with these PENS in CA- i doubt it B Boxer and feinstein would pull your little puds off.

Tx_Hoghunter

Catahoulas are the only ones that I run hogs with. Been doing so since the 80's. Only breed when I need pups. Might sell a few extra but only to folks that need them.

-john

Catahoulas are my breed of choice, they work just fine for me on hogs. They find,bay and will stop one. I also have 3 Blue Lacy`s and 2 Bluetick beagles for running anything else that I don`t want chewed up. Ha Ha

boarrunner

Jesse, how are them lacys working for ya, i have allways liked the looks of them, missed the opertunity to get a good female from a guy locally.

upper

Hey Boarrunner,how do you like your Jagd Iam looking to Texas for one.Not much info.here on them that I could find. Upper

bigworm

Catahoula, and Cur cross's, and soon to be Black mouth if my new addition from Boar runner works out.

Top Bottom