Whats the Best way to camo your case?

cgchris99

Reaction score
I just completed my first two cameras.  Thanks to all of you and your help.

Anyway, I bought some camo tape and it's a PIA to try to cover a Pellican 1120 case with all the gooves and support pieces.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Buy some Flat Spray paint,Grey,Brown,Green or some black,Maybe paint a base color like grey or black,then hold small leaves in places and paint them leaving thier imprint on the case,get inventive.
 Im thinking Grey and Black will blend with the tree you put it on if you stripe it like bark.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
I also use the pelican 1120, I have just been using them "as is", black...I am in the same boat, I wish I would have sprayed them before cutting my holes etc.etc. I think over the winter, I am going to bite the bullet and buy some of that camo "cloth" sheeting and ever so carefully fill in all of the exposed black area's on my pelican.

deadcell

Reaction score
I won't use the camo tape (duct) because it is usually has a very glossy look to it and from a distance if the sun hits it , it will stand out like a sore thumb. I usually just use cheap walmart brand flat black,brown, and green paint with a touch of primer gray to paint my boxes. Find you a maple tree or a oak tree with a good size leaf, say about as big as a coffeecup and then i use the leaves as stencils to paint around to give my box some camo/woodzy look. Don't overdo it though, just enough to blend in, not stand out. Thanks DC

Matt in MO

Reaction score
I've been planning on gluing actual tree bark to mine - first brought it up on the TNdeer forum about 10 months ago, but STILL haven't done it. Gun Docc has it perfected.

VTBowHunter

Reaction score
I found some cloth camo tape at my local sporting good store. Not at all glossy and seems to work well. They had several of the common patterns. I used Mossy Oak Break up on my Otter Box. Looks great.

bigmandude

Reaction score
i use same method as Passthru, flat black, sage green, gray primer, but i throw in red oxide primer also for those fall foliage colors, and use variety of leaves to leave pattern.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom