What's the party line?

MBullism

Reaction score
I saw the rukus recently about instructions and "kits" for sale on e-bay to make homebrews...

I was recently perusing another site (yes, I'm ashamed to admit it) and found a post indicating that a local R&G club was going to be offering homemade trailcam classes.  No indication of cost (if any) of the class.  This seems slightly different than the "out for personal gain" approach of the ebay guy, I'm all for rod and gun clubs...

Any comment?

(I accidently dropped a link to here, hope they're not mad  :wink-yellow: )

(Edited by MBullism at 6:52 am on Jan. 20, 2002)

GeorgiaHunter

Reaction score
Seems to me that getting together with people who have common interests and sharing information is the physical form of this virtual forum!

MBullism

Reaction score
I agree, 100%

But in the time i've been visiting here, nobody has sent me an invoice (built my first cam recently, working on #2.  I've shared this site/info with anyone I thought would be interested.  There is NO way I'd have done it by myself, and it is hugely appreciated)

Gun clubs ,as a rule, don't invite non-members to their place to give classes for free...  They need to pay the bills too.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Well, drop the link on here to there, I'd be interested in seeing that site   :eat-burger:

Tinhorn

MBullism

Reaction score
it was on the bowsite tinhorn, in the state conferences under massachusetts...  Kind of a "tack on".

The thread was someone looking for help building a traditional bow, and one response was that a local r&g was offering self bow classes, and added that they also were gonna offer a cam "class" soon.

I was just curious as to the reaction of all of you who make this site possible....

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/TF/regional...=6&state=Ma

(Edited by MBullism at 1:06 pm on Jan. 20, 2002)

deerdad

Reaction score
About the class, it is the Agawam Bowmens club and it's
not really a class. It's just a handfull of members who
are getting together and building some cams for a winter
project. It is not for the gen. public. My bro-in-law
belongs to this club. It's being held at a sportsmans
club because there is no heat at their clubhouse.
It was not meant to sound like a class were a fee was charged to participate. I'm not a member because it's
about 1 hr. away but the few times I've been there I can tell you they are good people who want to run a good club.
I hope this answered any questions.

Greg

deerdad

Reaction score
Sorry MBullism. I just looked at the MA forum and saw
that my brother-in-law already posted a response to you.
You're right though. Some people have no morals charging
for information thats free to begin with.
 What part of MA are you from? I'm in Franklin County
zone 4 north.

Greg

MBullism

Reaction score
No deerdad, MY apologies...

Absolutely nothing wrong with a group getting together to share a common interest.  It's the same as me soldering MY brother in laws first cam over this past weekend.

I thought I was up front that I didn't know if there was a fee, it just sounded like an invitation to the general public is all, and an organized group extending an invitation to the public usually includes fundraising.  That was the grey area in my original post, in my mind.  Usually anykind of R&G club fundraising is good for the club directly, and good for all of our common interests indirectly.

It was not my intention to suggest that something evil was going on, like homebrew cam classes at the local community college....  If thats how it came across, MY apologies.

The southern end of zone 8.  If I spit into a south wind I can hit RI and CT..  

(Edited by MBullism at 8:48 am on Jan. 21, 2002)

Bald Eagle

Inactive
Reaction score
Don't spit into the wind!!!!!
Don't pull on Superman's cape either.
And what ever you do - don't mess with Slim.
Does anyone remember this song or am I just too dang old?

:band:

MBullism

Reaction score
Bald eagle, I have that cassette, love that song.

deerdad, I popped over to the bowsite and left a reply for Mike.  Saba's original post didn't say members or friends only, and thats what got my rusty brain wheels turning.

I never meant to imply like the agawam guys were up to no good.  If it came across like that, my apologies to them.  Looking back, I wish I had asked Saba the $$$ question first instead of dropping a link to here on his head.

Again, I thought I was upfront that I was unclear whether there was a fee, and tried to make the distinction between the guy on ebay turning a buck, and a legit group raising a little cash (even if they are upfront to all who attend where the info came from).

Mike

deerdad

Reaction score
A big wet kiss right back at you. :)
Jesse's site and the Bowsite are the two best sites
around .  Our computer is linked to one or the other
98% of the time. Everybody has a lot to offer. Nobody
wants to see the sites being taken advantage of. As with many other things in life it's just a misunderstanding.
When someone speaks up, they're showing concern for the
site and thats good.
Anyway, here's looking at a good upcoming 3-D season.
    Can't wait.  Take care.

Greg

Latest Posts

Top Bottom