Whats wrong with these deer?

mongoose

Reaction score
I've gotten two pictures of deer in this awkward position. Are the scared?.... Constipated???? Any Ideas?

Attachments

codypernice11

Reaction score
This year bow hunting a mature doe that was out of range did something like that about 4 times,i think if you have ever watched a cat bend allmost into a u shape when it is stretching that is what the deer are doing. MY GUESS IS THERE STRETCHING.

PaPaBob

Reaction score
I have seen this also mostly with bucks. These young bucks may be participating in a self satisfication activity. I have read and seen the stained yellow patch on the underside of the bellies of bucks that indicate that this is an activity that is common. I can't remember the book but I certainly remember the pictures and the patch. I gues you do what you have to do after the RUT.

BirdDawg

Banned
Reaction score
PaPaBob is pretty close.........actually these deer pictures were taken in the park in San Fransisco.......notice in the second pic the one buck checking out the haunches of the buck that's humped up and strutting himself........this is illegal in all towns in California except San Fransisco......in fact I understand that the mayor is going to hand out marriage certificates to anyone who wants to marry one of these fine creatures.

erict

Reaction score
Yup, I'll agree with PaPaBob.

Those of you lucky enough to have a copy of Leonard Lee Rue III's "The Deer of North America" will be able to turn to page 312 and see a picture of a bigger buck in the same exact pose. There are several paragraphs going in to detail on the subject, but let's just say that the bucks find the need to relieve themselves if they can't find a doe to help!

walterb

Reaction score
That was my guess. I remembe seeing that same photo in my copy of the book.

Just when you thought it was safe some wise-acre takes a photo of you..

PaPaBob

Reaction score
erict: Thanks for the help there. I have been going through my library off and on today and just found the right book. Yes, it was Leonard Lee Rue III's book. I knew I had seen that pose before.

thehunter

Reaction score
I think that he is urinating on the glands located on his legs to leave his mark on the ground.

fossilman

Reaction score
The only thing I see wrong,is that they are not on my free
zer.........

garman

Reaction score
I bet these deer had no idea that their pictures would be posted on the internet displaying that 'behavior'.

Looks like I better be more careful myself!!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom