Whats wrong with this thing?

verotik

Reaction score
I got this picture the other day. I have been seeing it running around, but it was from a distance. I thought it had a white stripe on its back, but im thinking maybe its the mange? I didn't know squirrels could get it?

Attachments

bcraft1111

Reaction score
That is what happens when a Skunk and a Squirrel have a few too many

verotik

Reaction score
It looks similar, but its not. It is a full size mature squirrel. Also, the chipmunks around here have yellow on thier back, not white.

NorfolkHunter

Reaction score
Looks like a grey squirrel to me? I think the light is just reflecting off its back. We have a ton of grey squirrels here in ontario.
I know in Nova Scotia they don't have them they only have black squirrels. The black and grey squirrel are the same thing. Just a pigment mutation. Maybe a grey one from Ontario took a trip to your neck of the woods.

bowarr

Reaction score
I also believe that the sun is reflecting off the squirrels back and giving the impression of having a lighter colored stripe down it's back.

mongoose

Reaction score
I think your squirrel looks very similar to this spike that I videoed a couple years ago. I thought he was a piebald at first, but the white colors on him is actually his skin.

Attachments

mongoose

Reaction score
Another picture of him. Looks to have the same condition as your squirrel.

Attachments

verotik

Reaction score
That looks like the same thing. I have seen alot of dogs that have mange, but never a deer or squirrell. I guess any fur-bearing animal can get it.

raku601

Reaction score
It's a squirrel with a monkey on it's back. java script:emoticon(':wavin hello:')

Latest Posts

Top Bottom