WHATS YOUR MID SEASON COUNT?

Megadeth

Reaction score
Just curious to see what everyones harvest  is so far this year. Whats your main bird?  How many trips? It should get quite interesting. Mines no secret so Ill begin. 51 birds total for 14 trips. Main bird:teal(15).Total days spent soaked to the bone(6). Its been a fantastic season with some great storms. I hope they continue.

hntndux

Reaction score
So far I'm at 57 birds in 11 trips.  Top three birds are GW Teal, Mallard and Widgeon in that order.  Our group total is 132 birds as of 12/23/01.

Litch

Reaction score
Twelve of us rotate between three 4-man blinds and the totals are dismal. I would estimate maybe 50 birds for the season and it is not for lack of days in the field. We have been out on windy stormy days that were perfect duck days, just no ducks. The blinds are in fairly good locations, one near Gray Lodge and the other two are north of that. The birds seem to be around, just hanging out on un-hunted rice fields.

MQ

Reaction score
3 days out - 1 snow goose, 2 teal, 2 ringie-dingies. Poor all the way around......

Huntinfiend

Reaction score
I'm at 43 birds with 10 trips under the belt. Top three birds in order are widgeon(13) Mallard(10) Gadwall(8).  A average year I guess.....maybe a little bit better than average. The weather has been good compared to previous years, a lot of great storms.  This weekends lookin' good for some action.    

2curljohnny

Reaction score
83 birds for 2 hunters in 14 days.34 mall.,30 widg.,6 sprig,10 teal,2 spoons and 1 wood. proud to say only 3 hen mall. and 5 hen widg. in the bunch.probably could've thrown in a dozen more spoons but my partner is finally learning voluntary restraint. was real slow early. had 2 great days out of 4 hunted at L.K. in mid nov. 24 greens 4 bulls. widg and teal showed up here around 12/1 and it's definately turned for the better. i'm hunting CA till JAN. 5th then it's off to Arkansas :smile-big-blue::smile-big-blue: good luck and a peaceful new year to everybody.

jerry d

Reaction score
So far I'm at 300 mallards and 120.........well, I was gonna lie but you guys wouldn't believe it anyway.

Been kinda quiet around our club but things have picked up the last couple weeks. Unfortunately we're in the Speck restriction zone but we had fun with them while we could. Nothing like a flock set up and sailing in. Makes the old heart pound.....

Where did all the spoons come from. Just wave your hat and they can't wait to come have a look.

Good luck the rest of the season. Maybe this weather will liven things up.

Jay

Reaction score
Six trips not counting the salt pond excursions.

Trip 1 - opener at Delevan... 7 ducks
Trip 2 - pheasant opener at Grizz.... one radio collared rooster
Trip 3 - pheasants at Twitchell Island...... one late season dove
Trip 4 - Jr pheasant hunt at O'Neil forebay..... 2 roosters for the kid
Trip 5 - north wind gale at Sac.... 0 ducks. Should have been a barn burner but the ducks would not work open water. The kid plugged a goose.
Trip 6 - four guy party at Sac..... 4 ducks with plenty of goose shots but I was lame on the leads and had load issues. Very few ducks in the air.

Future trips:
1/2/02 Jr hunt at Delevan.... the kid's got #7
1/6/02 astronomically high number at Sac..... can anybody say "free-roam"? If there's no ducks at Delevan on 1/2, I ain't going.
1/9/02 Dad pulled an under 10 number at Sac but he'll be outta town. $(&@$&@%(@(@(@@%#^#!!!!

needs to be three more trips in here.

1/27/02  hoping for LDC for the kid.

I didn't do my usual NE zone weekend in October so my numbers are way down as compared to last year. A big fat goose-egg at Sac on trip 5 didn't help either.

Unless I can pull limits on a couple future trips, this is shaping up as my worst season ever. :cry-blue:

steve

Reaction score
1 day afield 7 ducks for dad
1 duck 4 pheasants for jr.
duck season comes at the wrong time for a UPS driver.Hopefully will finish the season strong

hronk

Reaction score
9 Honkers, 1 Ross, for me and 7 honkers 2 Snows and 1 Ross for my partner.  I've gotten 8 Ducks (6big ones) over dekes on the 2 times that I targeted them....hronk

ocmike1

Reaction score
Sounds like you boys are bustin em good.. I'm new here and just thought i would post my season numbers also. 4 hunts 12 mixed teal, 1 widgeon, 4 mallards, 1 ross goose .. and i hope to add more the weekend of the 5th.. This is a great site.. Happy Hunting!!!

ocmike1

Reaction score
Re-reading my post it sounds like i shot over limits.. all the hunts were 2 days each.. Just wanted to clarify i wasnt a poacher. Later dayz.Happy Hunting!

tuledoghollywood

Reaction score
5 DIFFRENT PLACES 21 HUNTS  69 BIRDS( 24 MALLARDS,21 HONKERS ) SOME WID., SPRIG ,TEAL,COUPLE SPOONSALL IN ALL ITS BEEN A GOOD YEAR

Spec

Reaction score
I don't have the exact number of Mallards and Sprig but I know we have shot over 300 birds from our 4 man blind we were around 60 Mallards and the same in Sprig around Dec the 28th we have shot 10 Spoonies from the blind when it is slow for the young dog we are training , total on Geese is 17 Spec's, 2 cacklers, 2 Aluetians, 3 snows and 1 ross, 1 plus is that someone has shot the blind in every storm this season and sometimes 2 guys shoot together!

Desert Ducker

Reaction score
From Arizona, 53 birds off of 12 hunts..Widgeon has been the main bird harvested (13) followed by Mallards (9)...It has been a great season with three more weeks to go!!!

fowl Shooter

Reaction score
19 days hunted- 26 ducks 8 geese - 8 days were goose eggs. uuuuhhhhh. Top duck pintail

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
5 trips and only one limit. Shot around 20 ducks & 2 Geese. Most small but almost all were drakes. no sprigs, one red, a few greenies, lots of wedg and teal and two huge Honkers.
sp

grizz

Reaction score
Not as high as would like.  But from what I see here higher than most of you. LOL  

Chance

Reaction score
Not exactly mid-season anymore but as of 1/8 I've taken 119 birds. This includes Ducks, Geese and Pheasants.  The breakdown is pretty much like this:
17 Geese, 7 Canadas the rest Snows
67 Mallards
7 Divers - Including 1 drake Can
The rest are a mixture of teal, widgeon, gads & 5 pheasants.
90 of these birds came from road trips to North Dakota and Oklahoma.  The rest came from various places around home (Arizona).  Having a tough time finding consistent shooting here at home.  All in all though it's been a god year for triaining the new choclate lab pup.

Top Bottom