What's your plans this weekend?

O

outdoorsman

Just wanted to see where everyone is going this week.  I'm going to W. Bear Ck. sunday. Pulled resi #14.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Gonna go sit in the salt marsh again.  Have company coming Saturday evening, or I'd make a run to Grizzly Island or Mendota...not much happening by the Bay right now.  Maybe this next storm....  

Jay

Reaction score
Two more weeks man. We need ice in Canada.

November stinks for ducks all over, the bay is no different. In fact it's probably worse.

The blind looks awesome but keep on tossing the dekes. You guys still look sparse. Five and 1/2 dozen.... you gotta keep up!

Maybe there'll be some fog for you.

duckhunter

Reaction score
Gonna try to get back into LDC again, Hunted Weds and did fairly well, if not there than I will be at the Lodge.

Drake Slayer

Reaction score
Going to go chasing turkeys this weekend then it's ducks the rest of the way.

Jay

Reaction score
Might be doing the Grizzly Jr pheasant hunt.

TealMan

Reaction score
I think I'll "score some points" at home, so it won't be so bad when I'm always gone in December and January.

Swampy

Reaction score
 I'm with you Tealman, I've got all the wood stacked and covered,  but have a small orchard to take care of. With the spraying, pruning, and raking that needs to be done I will be busy at for at least two weekends. That with the assorted honey dos that have built up. The worst part is being out side and seeing and hearing the ducks and geese fly by. Good luck to all that go out.  

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Well, all done for the weekend on the bay.  Two hours of hunting..two shots, two spoonies.  

Wouldn't normally shoot the big lips, but I needed hors d'ouevres for a dinner party tonight.  Breast 'em out slice it thin, brown it and serve on crackers.  I'd usually wrap 'em in bacon, but some of my guests are Muslim, so no pork.  
Hey Jay, what's all that white in your spread?  Looks like seagulls.  You shooting them short-neck geese?

Jay

Reaction score
All that white be bull sprig with a heavy emphasis on the chest and neck stripe.

Grabs your attention don't it? I'll bet you could hardly resist paddling over there and checking them out.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Well, I don't know about the ducks, but the yellow-legs and pipers loved them.  Nothing else even looked twice at your blocks (besides me, wondering why you were decoying seagulls).  Those hollywoods came right over your spread before dropping landing gear over my miniscule rig (only five dozen...you've got me beat by six blocks).  

steve

Reaction score
Debated about wither to sweatline it at Sac/Delevan ended up at Grizzly Island for the Jr Pheasant hunt .Turned out to be a good choice,saw my son make a wise choice on passing up on a shot,(running on the ground then flushing out towards some other hunters)then dropped 2 later 1 a nice shot letting it get out just a ways and the other flushing out of a bush at his feet.Rushed it but got it.He also got the treat of some older  duck hunters admiring his birds as we were walking back.Its a blast getting the boys hunting.I'm hoping now all the rezzies that havent been showing up in my mailbox start showing up,so I can start shooting.

Top Bottom