What's your set-up?

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Just curious to what other people are using for desk top editing.  I just picked up a Dell computer with MGI VideoWave 4.  I've been able to do some basic stuff.  This is my first and am learning something new all the time.

Thanks,
Todd

Kickaha

Reaction score
I normally use a PowerMac G4 with Final Cut Pro plus a few other utilities.  I'm in transition mode now though (I gave my PowerMac to my brother and sold my cameras) so I can't really do much of anything.  I'll be transitioning to a new PowerMac, so that part's basically the same.  Haven't decided on a camera setup yet.  

Glad you're having fun with your new Dell!

smallmunster

Reaction score
I have a PC with a 900 MHz Athlon Thunder bird CPU (will be 2000 MhZ Athlon XP in two days), 256 MB SDRAM (will be 512MB), one Western Digital 13 GB hdd and one 40 GB WD HDD for video data only. I use Pinnacle Studio 7 and Firewire capture board for video editing, will upgrade to Studio 8 sometime this month. I also have a CD-RW burner and a Verbatim DVD+RW/R burner.

In video editing you can never have a computer with too much speed and power. More is always better, especially if you want to burn DVD's sometime. Not to say that a slower system will not work, but it will be slower.

Casey Morris

Reaction score
I have a 1.0 GHz Pentium III with 512 megs of RAM. I use a RAID controller that arrays two 60 gig hard drives for data striping. This leaves me a little vulnerable for hard disk failure, but the speed for editing is as good as you'll see. I use Adobe Premiere 6.0 and just wish I could tap into all the functions it provides. Most of my stuff is simple clips for posting to TexasBowhunter.com. We have quite a few kill shots on video over there.

I also have a Sony VAIO laptop for conducting live hunts from the field. It works for the small scale stuff.

Casey Morris

Reaction score
I have a 1.0 GHz Pentium III with 512 megs of RAM. I use a RAID controller that arrays two 60 gig hard drives for data striping. This leaves me a little vulnerable for hard disk failure, but the speed for editing is as good as you'll see. I use Adobe Premiere 6.0 and just wish I could tap into all the functions it provides. Most of my stuff is simple clips for posting to TexasBowhunter.com We have quite a few kill shots on video over there.

I also have a Sony VAIO laptop for conducting live hunts from the field. It works for the small scale stuff.

Casey Morris

Reaction score
I have a 1.0 GHz Pentium III with 512 megs of RAM. I use a RAID controller that arrays two 60 gig hard drives for data striping. This leaves me a little vulnerable for hard disk failure, but the speed for editing is as good as you'll see. I use Adobe Premiere 6.0 and just wish I could tap into all the functions it provides. Most of my stuff is simple clips for posting to www.texasbowhunter.com. We have quite a few kill shots on video over there.

Casey Morris

Reaction score
I have a 1.0 GHz Pentium III with 512 megs of RAM. I use a RAID controller that arrays two 60 gig hard drives for data striping. This leaves me a little vulnerable for hard disk failure, but the speed for editing is as good as you'll see. I use Adobe Premiere 6.0 and just wish I could tap into all the functions it provides. Most of my stuff is simple clips for posting to www.texasbowhunter.com. We have quite a few kill shots on video over there.

Casey Morris

Reaction score
Entered the post, got an error....several times. I guess each time it worked. Sorry!

Nanny Whacker

Reaction score
I built my own computer this summer - no I am not a computer geek - it wasn't very difficult.

Gigabyte motherboard - P4 @ 1.6
2 IBM deskstar ATA 100 hard drives @ 80gigs each- one for programs and one for video
512 Mb DDR RAM
64 MB video card
CD burner
Windows XP

I use a Pinnacle DV200 capture card and Adobe 6.0
The Pinnacle software won't work under XP but Premier works great.

For analog capture I passthrough a Sony TRV17 to convert to digital. Output back to tape or back through the camcorder to make VHS copies. Also hook up a TV to the VCR to preview final works.

Nanny Whacker

Reaction score
I built my own computer this summer - no I am not a computer geek - it wasn't very difficult.

Gigabyte motherboard - P4 @ 1.6
2 IBM deskstar ATA 100 hard drives @ 80gigs each- one for programs and one for video
512 Mb DDR RAM
64 MB video card
CD burner
Windows XP

I use a Pinnacle DV200 capture card and Adobe 6.0
The Pinnacle software won't work under XP but Premier works great.

For analog capture I passthrough a Sony TRV17 to convert to digital. Output back to tape or back through the camcorder to make VHS copies. Also hook up a TV to the VCR to preview final works.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom