Wheeled Decoy Sled

Sanger_Rainsford

Reaction score
A couple of years ago I saw a decoy sled with plastic wheels on back, either in Cabela's or Redhead. I waited on buying it -dumb move. I've searched high and low but haven't seen it since. The only thing that comes close is a yard-barrow, too short and deep for my needs.
I want to toss my gun, tule seat and other stuff in it and save my energy for the long slog to the blind. The dekes can float. (Yeah, I'm a lazy ass).
Anybody know where I can find one? If not, any suggestions on how to make my own or add wheels to an existing one like the K-L Sled?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Sanger, I use the Cabela's Mag Hauler and just bugie cord their decoy shuttle (also from Cabela's) to the mag hauler. When I get to to the water, I just detach the decoy shuttle and take it into the water with me. The decoy shuttle is great because it has a waterproof top...great for keeping your gear dry while you're out hunting!

Sanger_Rainsford

Reaction score
Thanks, Colusa. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.
Do you leave the Mag Hauler on the shore or take it back to the truck?

Sanger_Rainsford

Reaction score
Thanks Trees.
You're right, that rig is nice but too costly. However it gave me an idea: Buy the sled of choice and find a set of plastic wheels that can be bonded to the side. The wheels would be about 6", enough to keep the sled from scraping across the lot or down the road to my entry point, like a "floating rolling suitcase." I'll keep looking, and if I come up with a good solution I'll share it.

Reaction score
Wow d....that is a sweet cart. You're right a bit pricey.

Sanger...I think the mag hauler and decoy shuttle cost me around $225.

I leave the mag hauler on the road and just cover it up a bit. I'm usually not that far from it.

Not sure how handy you are, but you could probably make a frame for the decoy shuttle similar to the one that dtrees posted. That's a bit of work though!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom