When did you become your father?

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
Foxnews article says we become our fathers on average at age 37. I've looked strikingly like my father all my life and have had a bunch of his habits all along. The one thing they left out of the article is the ability to pass gas like a gorilla hyped up on cabbage.

Signs you're becoming your father, and the average age it starts: poll

When did you first notice yourself turning into your Dad?

Common Sense

Reaction score
I look very similar to my dad size wise. I am an inch taller than dad’s six feet, but we both weighed a whopping 145 when we got married. Unfortunately we both put on close to a hundred pounds by the time we hit forty.

I became almost exactly like dad with my thoughts and behavior when I became a father. Sadly dad passed on at fifty-two when my children were still fairly young.

My son has always been his father’s son. He doesn’t look exactly like me(though his sons do favor me), but he sure acts like me. He is much bigger, although not much heavier than me. At ten he was wearing the same shoe size as me, and before high school I was looking up to him.
I am pretty sure because of the way they are being raised, my grandsons will turn out just like their dad and grandad.

Life is good.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
The world needs more Common Sense. ;)

I read this article, thinking about my Dad, but I wasn't really thinking about my sons. They are both much taller than I am; both over 6'. One looks mostly like Mrs. Belch's family and the other looks almost exactly like I did in high school. Neither will have hair later in life; they get that from both sides. Oddly enough, neither of mine are interested in hunting, but so far they are fine young men and I couldn't be more proud of them.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
My dad and me were complete opposites. We didnt look a like either. I'm more like my mom, she liked music, rock n roll, blues anything. She liked to dance and laugh and taught me how to cook and sew. Id say i became her when i was 35 ish.

sportyg

Reaction score
I also am more like my mother in looks size as well all my brothers are taller then I, 6' + am into music not so much dancing though but I do cook best cook in the house, sew and such. I did pick up the fondness of building things from my dad. as I built my own home and am about to do concrete work in the back yard.

P304X4

Reaction score
Probably realized I was alot like my dad at age 21 when my first child was born.

DJE

Reaction score
I've looked like my Dad all my life. Now I've started losing hair just like him. The transformation finished when I became a Father last year, but it started around 2012. He died unexpectedly in 2014. I am sure like a lot of us, I think about him almost everyday.

Farallon

Reaction score
I physically resembled my mother.

Maybe around 40, my father and I were arguing, I seldom disagreed with my parents...it was how I was brought up.

My mother told my father to “stop it, you are alike”. I then noticed we liked and disliked them same things, had the same “opinions”

Top Bottom