When will the first storm hit

tony270

Reaction score
We had a thunder head come over yesterday and one today. The one that slammed us yesterday wet the place down and the one that came over today filled up the flood control ditch about 1/3 the way. To much rain will spread the birds out over the range and cause them to change their habits. I would rather not have that.

SaltonSeadog

Reaction score
Rather NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, but death, Taxes, and late August T-Storms in the IV are all inevitable.
The humidity is horrible, it will be late afternoon storms every day if the monsoonal flow keeps coming.
I don't think there will be any doves at all by the first, so everyone should go ahead and go to Blythe instead of wasting gas and risking West Nile virus just to shoot one or two scrawny country pigeons.

JDC

Banned
Reaction score
It's flashing and rumbling like a big dog here right now and has been for an hour

Vista- 5:50 am 8/13/04 no rain to my knowledge, but it's still dark outside and I'm scared!

tinner

Reaction score
seadog aren't there already enough people in blythe without telling them that it is going to rain in the i.v.
oh i am sorry you were just trying to help me out, get everyone out of my spot thanks. keep up the good work.

vrstull

Reaction score
I've lived in Redlands for about 20 years and 6 where I am now. I've always had doves hanging around my house here; until this year. My theory is since they aren't here, they must be "out there" preparing to dare some too-eager dove hunter to take a shot.
Hey, why worry about what you can't control?
Vic
Redlands

Mt Goat

Reaction score
Up here in the high desert we had thunder showers in Lucern Valley yestarday. Today we've had scattered shower on and off all over the place. In Phelan today when I got home I had standing water on the ground and Phelan road was really wet. I had raimn my whole way home, from victorville.

Larry

Remshot

Reaction score
Coming out of the south, the rains hit El Centro pretty good today. The westside got a lot of winds with duststorms. It's so spotty when it rains down here can't say anything about the north end.
I came down with the WNV this week, missed a couple days of work but went back at it today, still have mild headaches. The shakes, chills, headaches and alternating high fevers really put a hurt on me. The whole episode started last Sun with symptoms of a stomache flu.
It's still in the high 1 teens and humid. If we don't get anymore rain and wind we'll have a repeat of last year. I'll be working to catch up so I don't plan on hunting 'til later in the season. Good luck guys.

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
Originally posted by Remshot@Aug 13 2004, 07:32 PM
I came down with the WNV this week, missed a couple days of work but went back at it today, still have mild headaches. The shakes, chills, headaches and alternating high fevers really put a hurt on me. The whole episode started last Sun with symptoms of a stomache flu.
please tell me that you are under a doctors supervision right now!?!

WNV is nothing to fool around with. The latest death here in CA was a 24 year old man. Used to be just the old folk that got it, now it looks like anybody is susceptible.

SaltonSeadog

Reaction score
Tough luck Remshot! Most folks, they say don't get sick. Did they happen to tell you if you are now immune? Or can you get it again? I don't see myself NOT being exposed, it's just when, and how badly I will be infected.
I hope you fully recover.

Remshot

Reaction score
I've always had a good immune system, never had the flu til I was 35, 10 years ago. I usually stay about half as sick half as long as most people but I still have a mild fever and headaches coming and going today and I expect it to continue. I took antibiotics and motrin for the headaches.
This is a pretty bad bug to pick up and I hope I'm immune now. Several other guys I know have gotten it too, all sportsman, and some went to the doctors and some of us didn't. We just got the meds in Mex and did it on our own. Some guys were laid up for a couple weeks under doctors care and missed work for up to a week with shakes and fevers.

vrstull

Reaction score
Remshot, take it easy and come back only when it's time.
Tell me you at least got the mosquito and tortured it to death.

JDC

Banned
Reaction score
Remshot-

How's the recovery coming? Glad to hear you caught the symptoms in time. What antibiotics are you taking for this? You said you hope your immune now?? So you're saying once you get it and survive, you're immune to it?

Get well Sir!

Remshot

Reaction score
I took 500 mg of penicillin every 6 hrs. for the whole week and a couple days after that I still got mild headaches and had a stiff neck. We have had a mosquito problem with them carrying encephilitas for yrs. at epidemic porportions of 20%and more in some areas. Most people locally are immune and illness is rare even with the very young and older folks.

D Sea

Reaction score
Remshot,

Not to be a smarta$$ or anything, but WNV is just that, a virus, and antibiotics will do nothing for it. The antibiotics may treat secondary infections that may present as a result of the WNV, but they are not effective in treating the WNV itself. At the hospital here where I work we have seen several cases, but without bloodwork confirming the diagnosis, it could be some other ailment altogether. I would urge you to see a physician to confirm the diagnosis. I belive that physicians now must report confirmed WNV cases to the county health department for tracking purposes.

From what I understand, research has shown that once you have had WNV, you will maintain the antibodies necessary to prevent subsequent infection.

JDC

Banned
Reaction score
Don-
Thanks for the info! I really like this part--

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
From what I understand, research has shown that once you have had WNV, you will maintain the antibodies necessary to prevent subsequent infection[/b]

BTW- Haven't heard any updates on that new truck-- Shoot a topic in Trucks etc...

Top Bottom