Where are all the Game Wardens?

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
I've hunted every weekend a couple of weekdays and many areas of D13, but Ive yet to see a single Game Warden. Not even a truck driving through. Use to see many checking licenses, even a guy on ATV on Tecuya patrolling. What gives?

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
Don't know anything about your area but I usually get checked a couple times per year in C or D zones. This year I only got checked once but my hunting buddy got checked twice. For some reason I am usually either camped where it is easy to drive in and check me or they stop me on a major access road. Never had an issue with any of the local game wardens in C or D zones. I have never seen one in a backcountry area where a 2 wheel drive pickup won't go. They will however sit at a trailhead and wait for you to get to the main road.

Stevehazard

Reaction score
Haven't seen one while hunting for several years now. Been checked while fishing though.

JohnCo

Reaction score
I had a warden stop me on the drive into a hunting spot this year. Popular road I think he was checking everyone for licenses and if they had a bullet in the chamber while driving. First warden I had talked to in probably 6 years. Really nice guy, and was on his way quickly.

Limited Out

Reaction score
I haven't been checked by a game warden either fishing or hunting for a long while. I fished the Sierras for a week last month, never checked. I did see one drive by me on the duck opener, but no check.

PakNpakOut

Reaction score
2 buddies and I got checked this year on our way out of D7. We were backpack hunting and he stopped us while we were driving out. His main concern was having rifles chambered while in the vehicle (lots of road hunters). He checked our rifles and tags and we bullshitted with him for another 20 minutes. He was a senior vet. I asked about Dinkey Creek and he said that’s where we send all the rookie wardens LOL because there are so many hunters... be forewarned of Dinkey!

Limited Out

Reaction score
The warden should have had that boat fender that's laying on the ground hanging over the driver's side of the pick up. Probably would work better if he had 3-4 hanging along the driver's side!

Bubblehide

Reaction score
[QUOTE="dustin ray, post: ...
[/QUOTE]
I think I know that Warden.

6x7

Reaction score
They are pretty busy with the new role with the other harvest season now,I was coming out of the mountains last Friday and passed 5 wardens 2 chp 3 sheriff and a hand full of unmarked rigs that were going around and pulling up gardens it appeared

Smithb9841

Reaction score
They are pretty busy with the new role with the other harvest season now,I was coming out of the mountains last Friday and passed 5 wardens 2 chp 3 sheriff and a hand full of unmarked rigs that were going around and pulling up gardens it appeared
As a hunter and fisherman that really pisses me off. These wardens are already spread thin and aren’t enough of them to enforce our laws and regulations and keep the untrustworthy people in checkAnd now they are spread even thinner handling that kind of BS.

There is so much money being brought in due to the taxes on marijuana some of that needs to be spent on hiring a task force to specialize on the illegal grows or use it to hire more game wardens if that’s who they expect to handle that situation but to take away the people who enforce our fish and game laws and make sure people don’t take advantage of there not being a game warden watching them is a problem.... just my 2 cents

Stevehazard

Reaction score
As a hunter and fisherman that really pisses me off. These wardens are already spread thin and aren’t enough of them to enforce our laws and regulations and keep the untrustworthy people in checkAnd now they are spread even thinner handling that kind of BS.

There is so much money being brought in due to the taxes on marijuana some of that needs to be spent on hiring a task force to specialize on the illegal grows or use it to hire more game wardens if that’s who they expect to handle that situation but to take away the people who enforce our fish and game laws and make sure people don’t take advantage of there not being a game warden watching them is a problem.... just my 2 cents
I've heard they're not bringing in the taxes they thought they would because the cost of being legal is too high for many and they let the decision to allow points of sale up the individual cities. Many are saying no. So it's still being done illegally.

Bubblehide

Reaction score
I called Caktip Saturday. The Warden called me back. So I texted the Warden pictures/evidence. A couple hours later and a few miles behind me we met and went for a ride together.

I'll try to get the full story written soon.

Neanderthal

Reaction score
In the past five years I have been checked twice hunting doves, once hunting rabbits, once while fishing on a boat in the ocean, & observed but not checked on a duck hunt. So, about once a year on average.

About twelve years ago, I took a jig out into a kelp bed on a longboard and got checked. Warden said that it was the first time he had ever checked someone fishing from a surfboard.

Stevehazard

Reaction score
I called Caktip Saturday. The Warden called me back. So I texted the Warden pictures/evidence. A couple hours later and a few miles behind me we met and went for a ride together.

So what did you see? What happened?

garlicsalt

Reaction score

Oh do tell!

OPAH

Reaction score
Got us all on the hook, but wont reel us in, simple not Fair.
CALL the Warden ! Fishing without the intent to catch

OPAH

Reaction score
They don't make a ton of money, California at the top with 76,000 annual

Top Bottom