Where are you from in British Columbia?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
How about some short introductions?

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most?

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip?

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind?

What is your favorite hunting memory?

What is your dream hunt?

Canuck2

Reaction score
Well heck, let's get the ball rolling here.

I have lived in Grand Forks for the past 29 years and have had some great hunting here. But I've also been fortunate to have hunted various other places in B.C. as well as in Washington, Montana, and Wyoming.

About 8 years ago I finally picked up a bow and now immensely enjoy most of my hunting that way. For many years I thought that to have a buck come out 100 yards away and not be able to shoot it would be a fate worse than death. But it's not. I currently shoot a Mathews FX.

My first vivid hunting memory is tagging after my Dad duck hunting in the lower mainland, twin Roy Rogers six shooters on my hip. Shot an awful pile of ducks with those.

Please visit my home page, and I'd be obliged if you sign the guest book.

http://www.angelfire.com/bc/canuck2

Othmar

Reaction score
I am born and raised in Switzerland, but now I live with my lovely Canadian wife in the Lower Mainland, her birth place.

I hunt with all legal weapons, I never belived that I should hunt with only one weapon and with that limit my options in the pursuit of my favourite game the white tail deer.However, my favourite hunting weapon is the bow, I hunt with compound and traditional bow and soon will add a crossbow to my arsenal.

I hunt for as long as I can remember (40+ years), since I was born into a hunting family and before they made silly laws about age restrictions. Neither do I feel that hunting is a "privilege", to me it is a basic human right. Humans are hunters by our very nature. Our eyes are on the front, our teeth and digestive system is that of a carnivore (hunter) and finally we are what we are today because we are carnivores from day one.

My most vivd memories are my first deer I shot at the age of 8 with my fathers 12 gage slug gun. I still can feel my fathers hand on my shoulder and see his proud smile. Another vivid memory is my last hunt with my father, by then an old frail man. He was so weak that he barely could walk and so we went to our neighbores field and hunted rabbits. I shot two rabbits with his favourite double barrel shotgun. He smiled weakly but proudly and when I wanted to return his gun to him he said; "Son it is yours, you earned it." This gun hangs on my wall and means more to me than any honors I ever reseived, it is a legacy and a reminder how important it is that we get young hunters into our sport and prodect our right to hunt and own firearms.

My dream hunt begins every fall when hunting season opens. It does not have to be the biggest buck in the woods or some exotic animal in Africa, I just want to go hunting but would turn neither down if it appears in my sight.

outdoorswoman

Reaction score
Well Iam born and raised in B.C
I come from vancouver Island origonaly and moved to northern b.c Id say the town but not many people have hear of it lol

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most?
mostly deer ( mule) and of course those dam fool hens

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip?
My dad tought me how to hunt and fish when i was old enuf to hold a rod and a gun my first hunting trip was when I was 8 I remeber it like it was yesterday just wish I had pics of that deer :)

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind?
I have a few to my collection
C-I-L 410
ITHACA 12 ga
REMINTON 30.06
SAVAGE 300 win mag
several 22's
Winchester side by side 12 ga
winchester over under 12 ga
Winchester 20ga ( the mule)

What is your favorite hunting memory?
My first moose hunt with my dad when I was 9.

Top Bottom