Where are you from in Louisiana?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
How about some short introductions?

Where are you from in Louisiana?

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most?

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip?

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind?

What is your favorite hunting memory?

What is your dream hunt?

jcosmo

Reaction score
I'm from Natchitoches Parish
I mostly hunt whitetail, but will hunt just about anything that has a season, also enjoy hunting Elk in the west.
Dad taught me to hunt with a youth .410 just a couple hundred yards from the house.
I hunt with bow ("Diamond", built in Shreveport), muzzleloader (TC Encore), shotgun (rem 11-87), rifle (Browning BAR)
Favorite memory is a tie between going sitka deer hunting on the Kodiak Island with my Dad (each of us harvesting a deer) and bow hunting with my Uncle in Colorado (I got a cow on the last morning of the hunt)

Washout

Reaction score
Grew up in Choupique LA, south of Sulphur. My dad taught me how to hunt doves over my grandfathers rice fields in Vinton LA. Now I deer hunt mostly using rifles in LA and Bow in my current home of Ohio. I look forward to spending opening week of deer season each year with my dad and brothers hunting our lease near Singer, LA. When we were kids we'd beg off sick when the geese were moving a lot. As soon as mon and dad left for work we'd grab our shotguns and start chasing geese.

RSB

Reaction score
Have been a south Plaqumines Parish resident (Empire and Port Sulphur,La) all my life. Hunted ducks and geese with my dad, brothers, couisons and friends as there are not many deer down on the west side of the delta, there are some on the east side of the river most of which is accessed by boat (crossing the Mississippi at night in the dark and good chance of fog
)and some private land with deer. But anyway ducks are plentiful here and rabbit also.
Hunt deer in Mississippi and ducks down here. Started hunting deer at the age of 23 in 1971 with my father-in-law (passed away Jan 19, 2003) miss him every day.

BayouMallard

Reaction score
Grew up In Jefferson Parish - Marrero, LA (Metro New Orleans) First hunted squirrels in the woods across from my parents house. Then deer on dog drives in Alabama. And now I am a certified Duckaholic. Currently living in Moterey County - Seaside, CA via the U.S. Army.

airgun hunter

Reaction score
i grew up in the city of baker wishing i could move out into the country when i was 12 i got my wish when we moved to the boonies out in livingston parish this is how i hunt put some deer corn out and let the squirrels com feed i use my pellet gun to kill them i am 14 now, and i plan on hunting deer with my dad next year

Top Bottom