Where are you from in Manitoba?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
How about some short introductions?

Where are you from in Manitoba?

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most?

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip?

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind?

What is your favorite hunting memory?

What is your dream hunt?

Porintree

Reaction score
Hello fellow Manitobans. I am from Ochre River, east of Dauphin. I hunt deer and bear most often and elk/moose when i get the chance. My two uncles basically have taught me about hunting and my first hunting trip was with my one uncle. He shot a nice 120 class 4X4 whitetail 25 minutes into the hunt. I hunt with my rifle and bow. My rifle is a Browning A-Bolt in 300 WSM and my bow is a Mathews Z-Max. My favourite hunting memory is taking my 2nd bear in June 2003 b/c my uncle shot one the same night 15 minutes before me about a mile away.

Happy Hunting...

powderburns

Reaction score
I'm from Swan River. I hunt moose in the Ducks when ever I am drawn. I hunt whitetail with a knight muzzleloader .50 inline + also Model 70 winchester 30-06. I am a self taught hunter.

bobbyrum

Reaction score
Hey fellow "Tobans" :wavin hello:. Born & raised in Winnipeg & still here. Been hunting over 45 years & don't plan on giving it up anytime soon :prayin :. My favourites are deer & waterfowl. I have also taken several bears, antelope & caribou. I shoot a Benelli SBE ll 12 ga., a Tikka T3 Lite in .22-250 shooting 55 gr. Hornady V max bullets, a rebarreled Ruger #1 in 7mm RUM shooting 160 gr. Nosler Accubonds at 3450 ft./sec. & a TC Encore 50 cal. shooting 90 gr. Blackhorn 209 powder & Precision Rifle's 260 gr. Dead Centre bullet, & I handload everything :stir pot:. Fondest hunting memory was the book "bou" I took at 325 yards, the only chance I had during the trip. My best deer was an old buck I took at just over 475 yards which weighed 300 lbs. & scored 143 & 6:shootin-rifle:. My dream(s) are to take a moose & an elk:wavin:.

Top Bottom