• We will be migrating the forum to new hosting soon. When that is ready to go, the forums will be turned off to new posting until we arrive at the new server. If all goes well, we should be up and running at the new server within 24 hours, usually less. The new DNS information can take a while to propagate across the various DNS centers but you'll know when tou are accessing the new version because you'll see a new notice.

Where are you from in Michigan?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
How about some short introductions?

Where are you from in Michigan?

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most?

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip?

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind?

What is your favorite hunting memory?

What is your dream hunt?

MIBowhunter

Reaction score
Well,
I was born in Detroit but when my Dad retired we moved up north to Gaylord, that's where I went to High School. Since then I live all over the country as am in the service. 17 more months and will be moving back to the Norhtern LP.

Love to hunt deer and turkeys. Deer camp over in the Curran area.

MIB

buckfever7

Reaction score
Kalamazoo

Love to hunt whitetial & black bear - archery only.

swampdog

Reaction score
I live in Flint
I can't choose a fav. season, all of 'em are special in their own way, to talking to turkey and them callin' back, beagle yelpin' to rabbits to sittin' in a tree stand on October 1st watchin' the sunrise on a crisp fall day, how can ya choose? I doprefer my PSE bow to any other eqipment, I live in the city and it's the only thing I can shoot in my back yard, My Mossberg does however comes in a close second because I can use it in any season. Yes, the Savage 30.06 comes in a distant 3rd with the 22 rimfire after.

MIBowhunter

Reaction score
Well I can update my location where I will be living. Bought 10 acres and in the process of building a house in Elmira, Charlovoix County. Closer to Boyne Falls than Gaylord though. Buddy's Dad has an old Potato Farm about 3 miles from there with about 200 acres that are wooded. So I can hunt my land and go over there and hunt.

MIB

MrRee

Inactive
Reaction score
MIbowhunter,
Boyne Falls??? man you are right in some of my old stomping grounds!!!
I was born & raised just 3 miles from Boyne City. Sure has changed up there!!

Are you near that gas pipeline? My sister had a place right out by the end of it.

You gotta go to that Polish fest up there, Can be some crazy fun times in the "beer tent". At least there used to be

I moved around quite a bit, but now am retired near Baldwin. Have 10 acres on Sanborn creek. Cant be much more than an hour & a half from you.

MIBowhunter

Reaction score
Mr Ree,

Went to the Polish Festival this last summer. I will be living off Camp Ten road mid way between Elmira and Boyne Falls.

Best friends Dad has old potato farm on Camp Ten about 3 miles away.

MIB

Oh Yeah welcome back!

UPER

Reaction score
I was born and raised in Calumet. My Father is a retired teacher who lives in South Range, We have a deer camp in the Huron mountains outside of Lanse, but commitments in the military have kept me away from hunting whitetails for much to long. Hopefully I will be able to get back this NOV. to do some hunting there. Hello to all you other "yoopers" out there. Ron.......

uncledrunky

Reaction score
Man all you yoopers can use a cpu? lol Just a joke from a troll, I live around the lansing area where I love to bow hunt for the elusive whitetail. But I do enjoy hunting turkeys and rabbit. I can't wait for the up comming turkey season as I've been touching up on my calling skills. In the mean while we have been pounding the rabbits with the beagle pups we just got even though the deep snow has made it somewhat difficult.

James

bigdaddyk

Reaction score
I was born in Saginaw, MI. Lived in Bridgeport, MI., for 22 years and then joinr\ed th Marine Corps. I am stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA. I am looking forward to the day when I can retire and come back to the Monster in Michigan. I have shot many bucks in Virgina, and North Carolina. I have shot a bear and a Cow Elk in Oregon while on recruiting duty. I am now shotting Hogs in California, On an Airforce base, Vandenberg. In Santa Barbara County. I just logged into this page and it is nice to talk to fellow hunters from Michigan. If anyone would like to head out to California for a hog hunt, let me know. I will be hear for one more year and then I am on to Quantico, VA., for three years to hunt somemore whitetails and turkeys.

Hank

MIBowhunter

Reaction score
bigdaddyk,

Welcome to Jesse's! I am in the Corps also and getting ready to retire in 28 days.
I started a countdown thread down below. When are you going to be retireing? Moving back to the same area in MI?

I am moving over to the Elmira/Boyne Falls area.

Again welcome aboard and say hey to all the other Michiganders hanging around.

MIB

MJS-MI

Reaction score
Hi everyone....

Thanks for the invite MIB...I have been hanging out in the trailcamera room. I am from Eagle (just outside Lansing) I love to hunt everything. I favor Archery hunting but love it all. My dad introduced me to hunting when I was a kid and it went from there. My dream hunt is to to shoot an elk with my bow, which I am set for a Fall 2005, 12 day archery hunt in Alberta.

MIBowhunter

Reaction score
Welcome again MJS.

That sounds like an awesome hunt you got scheduled. I see you are a pilot, wow! What do you fly? My primary job in the Marines was a crew chief/Plane captain on A-4's then F/A-18's.

MIB

MJS-MI

Reaction score
MIB,
Helicopter guy here. Full time national guard. It is cool you are retiring. any plans for after that? besides hunting and fishing of course

bigdaddyk

Reaction score
MIB, thanks for the welcome. I have 16 years in and am the Legal Chief at MCB CAMPEN. I have about ten years or so til I retire. I am in the zone for E-9 this October. Looks good for me to get selected this first go around. I guess that there is no reason to get out at this point. I have orders in the system to PCS to Quantico in December of this year. I was there 10 years ago and shot two BIG bucks, ( a ten and 11 point). I am looking forward for a return visit. I do plan after my service to retire in Michigan. My parents moved from Bridgeport to Prudenville, right of Houghton Lake. I am looking at buying some property in the gladwin/clare area.

Next weekend I will be going on a three day pig hunt at Vandenberg. My partner and I have taken four a-piece in the last year. THis type of hunting is much harder than deer huniting in Michigan, I have to say that. Thanks again, I will talk to you soon.

Hank

MIbuckdropper

Reaction score
Live in Port Huron, hunt in Forester, hunt with shotgun, bow, muzzleloader, hunt whitetail, turkey, rabbit.

lscha

Reaction score
Born and raised in the Detroit area (Harrison Twp, Home of Mag-na-Port). Now I'm up in Sebewaing where I started hunting in 1972. Hunting property in Evart and charter boat in Manistee. Handgun hunting whitetail is my favorite, then bow, then black powder. Bass fishing is my favorite, then salmon. I wish there was a forum for seniors

Laura

bearblade

Reaction score
I grew up in New England (Vt. and Ma.) and moved to Mi. in 1990. I live in the Grand Ledge area west of Lansing and work in Grand Rapids. My kids live with their mother E of Lansing so it was a compromise:) I am enjoying grouse hunting in October more lately than I did in my first 10 years in Mi. I was fortunate to grow up in rural New England with miles of woods to roam right out the back door. I couldn't wait to get home from school when I was old enough to hunt and grab the shotgun and roam around simultaneously grouse hunting and deer scouting. I'm kind of getting back to that practice. I hunt whitetails with all implements, though I prefer the bow and blackpowder for the quiter seasons. The big event of my year is heading to northern Wi. with an old friend who is also a transplant from New England. We have a tent camp in a pretty remote area and we see very few people in the woods but a good amount of really big buck sign. We've gotten a few nice bucks but have seen some tremendous deer come out of the area. I have thought of one deer I saw last fall (150 class) at very close range on an almost daily basis! If the wolves or winter have not got him he better watch it:)!

NManitou

Reaction score
Born and Raised in Bay City

Hunt with bow,rifle,Muzzle, and trailcam! for deer, turkey, and small game.
Hunted N. Manitou Island for 12 years with some success and lots of memories. Also Hunt in Clare,Isabella, and Bay counties

headnurse

Banned
Reaction score
Born in Troy Beaumont, lived in Troy, Royal Oak, Berkley, Port Huron, New Baltimore, New Haven and now Algonac. Hunt just outside of Leota, mostly. Just started hunting a few years ago now that the kids are older. Hunt with bow, rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader, ummmm.... Just Whitetails right now. Am I missing anything? Dream hunt is right in my blind on our hunting property.... much quieter than at home with 5 teenagers.

Top Bottom