Where are you from in Mississippi?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
How about some short introductions?

Where are you from in Mississippi?

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most?

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip?

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind?

What is your favorite hunting memory?

What is your dream hunt?

reinike

OK, somebody has to be first.

Originally from Long Beach, now live in Byram just south of Jackson.

I like to hunt deer mostly but won't pass up a rabbit, squirrel, or dove hunt. Just getting into Turkey hunting.

My dad was my teacher. My first memories of hunting was camping for the weekend and hunting rabbits. I had a single shot 410 and would shoot pine cones out of the trees. I think I could hold the gun myself.

I hunt deer with 30-06, .54 caliber caplock muzzloader, and old High Country Bow.

One of my best memories was all of us rabbit hunting and a big doe came out on my brother and I. I think we both unloaded on her. We got her. Sitting in a stand can be lonely sometimes and it was just kind of fun to do that with someone else.

Every time I hunt is my dream come true. It wouldn't hurt to take a trip up North one day and whitetail hunt.

Hello to all.

Chet

lugnut

Wow! looks like just the 2 of us for now. I'm from Petal just outside of Hattiesburg but live in Florida.

reinike

My brother and his wife just moved to Hattiesburg. We own some land near Janice; surrounded by the Desoto National Forest and Camp Shelby. Do you get to come home and hunt much? Good to see someone else from Mississippi.

lugnut

I go back every year and hunt at a friends farm between collins and laurel. there's a lot of deer there and they have seen some really nice bucks there. when I was growing up we hunted some leased land next to Leaf river mill now Georgia pacific mill. the land was off of Hwy 29 about 5 miles from New Agusta. We killed some fantastic deer there. When I joined the Air Force we lost the lease. I was hoping my daughter might get a chance to hunt there one day but they have since clear cut most of the land. SAD!!!

reinike

We used to hunt some land just south of the plant across the river in New Augusta. It was private land that the owner just sold last year. It was some pretty woods. Lots of hogs. Speaking of hogs, they are tearing up our plots this summer. We have killed around 15 over the past few years and doesn't seem to phase them a bit. We have gotten some decent bucks on camera, but when the dog hunters start hunting, the deer lay low until after the season. We still manage to get one or two a year though.

lugnut

Who owned the land the land where you hunted, It wasn't a Doctor was it? We hunted off of Providence Church Road if you know where that is. It is west of the mill.

You may want to try trapping to get rid of some of those hogs. They're extremly hard to get rid of but trapping is the pest that I know of.

reinike

I can't remember the name right of the top of my head. I'll have to find out.

We trapped 3 at one time last year. We still have fixed that trap. They can really tear things up.

lugnutzz

I'm from Merigold, live in Cleveland, and work in Clarksdale, MS..

My Dad and Mom were my teachers.. i started hunting when i was 4 or 5.. i killed my first deer at age 8.

Top Bottom