• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Where are you from in Missouri?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
How about some short introductions?

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most?

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip?

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind?

What is your favorite hunting memory?

What is your dream hunt?

===========================================

I'm from Redlands in southern California but hunt Missouri a lot where I grew up.

My Dad taught how to hunt and our first trip was in 1965.

Deer and turkeys are my favorite. Varmints too. I like to hunt anything.

I use a PSE Coyote recurve, Rem 870 pump shotgun and a Win .300 winmag.

Favorite memory would be calling in our 1st turkey with my Dad.

My dream hunt would be a big buck hunt with a bow in Swan Lake NWR.

Jobow

I now call live in Columbia, however I plan on returning to the Rolla area in the next year or so.

I am not a trophy hunter, just a freezer filler. I will hunt just about anything a person can with a long bow (hogs to hay bales).

Chairman

I live near Clinton (and Truman Lake).

Deer hunting is my passion, with turkey hunting a very close second.

I introduced myself to hunting, but I've had quite a bit of help from other hunters ever since. My first hunting trip was a managed deer hunt for the disabled, at Smithville Lake. That was back in '92, and I took my first deer then too ~ a yearling buck.

I use a Thompson Center Encore ~ 6mm-22.250, 25-06 & a 209X50 Magnum muzzleloader. For turkey, I use a Remington 870 Express SPT 3" Magnum. During bow season, I use a Buckmaster MaxPoint crossbow.

My favorite hunting memory is of taking my best buck ever, last year. I had shoulder surgery in July, and had to really work hard to be ready for deer season. All that work sure payed off...

Hopefully, I'll be able to go Mulie hunting in the near future. I also hope to go Elk hunting in New Mexico, someday.

BTW ~ I'm applying for the muzzleloader hunt (for disabled hunters) @ Swan Lake NWR, this year...

StringShooter

I live in St. Louis at the current time. It is a requirement that is imposed on me due to my employment.

I was taught small game hunting by my father and my great uncle turned me on to deer hunting. I have been hooked ever since.

I love to hunt with a bow & arrow. It gives me more of a challenge. I will hunt with firearms, but the thrill of taking a nice buck with a bow can’t be beat.

It is so hard to explain my fondest hunting memory. Every time that I have a chance to take to the woods hunting is a day that I cherish

Passthru

Banned
Where are you from in Missouri? Well,from Joplin,but now live in Rolla

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most?Deer&turkey

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip?Dad

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind? To many rifles to name,but at the moment my favorite is my Savage 12FVSS 22.250,Shotgun Win 1300 pump 12ga. and my bow is a Darton

What is your favorite hunting memory?Deer Camp way back when you didnt have to wear blaze orange yet,and there was no does allowed to be taken.along time ago

What is your dream hunt?
I really dont have a specific dream hunt,guess id just like to harvest a monster whitetail sometime before im dead.

ExtremeShot

I live in the St. Louis area but I grew up in Atlanta, Missouri (between Macon and Kirksville) and I went to school in Rolla. During my day job I work in downtown St. Louis (pretty close to Busch Stadium).

I was reintroduced to hunting about 3 years ago by my brother-in-law and as a result, he and I started Extreme Shot, Inc. together

I use a Matthews Legacy and love to deer and turkey hunt. However, I've been thinking about doing a hog hunt in Oklahoma.

My goal in life is to figure out how to get out of this dang cubicle and into the field full time! If anyone can help, drop me a line!

boartuff

Thanks for the opportunity Jesse,
I live in Hermann where I was born,but also lived in Moberly and Salisbury for several years.I love Northern Mo about as much as the Southern.The diversity we have in our state is wonderful!

I hunt everything I posssibly can and am always ready to try something new,including travel hunts out West.Haven't tried the East yet.Ontario black bear next fall.

My father and grandads taught me to hunt along with my uncle.

My favorite rifle is a custom 308 built by my late grandpa and a NE Handi Rifle in 22 Hornet.
Shotgun is a Benelli 12 ga. Nova.
My bow is a Hoyt Raider.
I very much enjoy hunting with my Smith 357 and T/C Encore 7mm-08 handgun,too.

My favorite memory would have to be my first Western hunt to Montana when I was 18 with my dad,both grandpas,and a family friend.What an experience!

My dream hunt would no doubt be an African Safari.

I too have applied for the Swan Lake NWR hunt,for the last ten years it seems!Maybe one day I'll get that tag!

BT :JHP rocks:

shelbyco150

I LIVE IN OFALLON AND WORK IN CEDER HILL MISSOURI.CAN.T WAIT FOR BOW SEASON,LOVE TO CHASE THEM WHITETAIL WITH A BOW.

savage24

I live in Kansas City. Grew up in Boonville. Mostly hunt near Chillicothe and Columbia. I have a cousin with a farm in Hermann, but it takes twice as long for me to get there as it does to get to Chillicothe. I don't do much fishing
- if the weather is warm, I'm probably on my bicycle!

Mowolf

Where are you from in Missouri? Live in Union and Lebanon (2 homes, one in Lebanon has 50 acres)

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most? Deer and Turkey

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip? Father, Grandfather and Uncle, too long ago.
Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind? Use a CVA Trapper 12 ga for turkey and squirrels, 45 Investarms Hawken for deer Browning Nomad Bow for deer

What is your favorite hunting memory? When I dropped an 11 point buck with one shot from the 45 on my grandparents farm.

What is your dream hunt? ML Elk in CO.

Mailman Bill

I live in Blue Springs but own hunting land in Morgan County 10 miles north of Stover. I gun and bow hunt for deer and turkey. Fish when I can for crappie and white bass at Truman Lake. Retired from U.S. Postal Service as a letter carrier and now work every other week as a courier for a local bank. Disabled Viet Nam veteran 1969. I am a self taught hunter and fisherman. Best memory....fishing with by Grandfather on the Buffalo River in Arkansas in 1954....I was six and that is what got me started loving the outdoors.

coydog

I'm from Fairdealing Mo. My first hunt was in 1981 with my dad where I harvested my first cottontail. My favorite game to hunt is whitetail,turkey,coyotes,feral hogs and squirrels. I dont hunt rabbits too much because their kinda scarce around here. My guns NEF .45/70 for deer and hogs, JC higgins model 20 for turkey and squirrels, and a NEF .223 for coyotes. My most memorable hunt is taking my step son on his first deer hunt where he harvested a really nice 8 point. My dream hunt is to take my daughter to Samsons Ridge for her first deer hunt.

Hawk Point, MO

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most?

Waterfowl, Turkey, Archery Deer

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip?

My ex-BIL - My dad died when I was young and I was fortunate enough to have an older sister who's boyfriend at the time was an avid hunter. He didn't mind dragging around a snot-nosed brat who was full of questions with him. When I was actually old enogh to carry a gun it was him who bought it for me. He set me on a life-long addiction to all things outdoors and for that I'm truly appreciative. Unfortunately due to their divorce over 20 years ago I lost contact with him but I'll never forget the time and patience he had with me - thank you Terry Klein - wherever you are!

Do you use a

rifle- Remington 7400 30.06

shotgun - Benelli Super Black Eagle

bow - Pro-line Speedstick

What is your favorite hunting memory? Days spent in the duck blind cutting up with family and friends - if we kill some ducks that's great - but time spent together is far more important than piles of ducks.

What is your dream hunt? Canadian waterfowling - and I'm going again this year!

Jimmy Jones

I'm from Bolivar, Mo.........then moved to Springfield, MO.........now reside in the St. Louis, MO area!!

I hunt in the St. Louis area, Boone county and Jackson county....

Hoppy

Hey There,
Just got invited to the site. We're from Oak Grove Missouri. We do Goose Hunts.. Nice place you have here!

Hop

gregsheets

From: I live in Taney County just outside of Branson, lived here all my adult life except when Uncle Sam put me up in several Army Barricks around the world. Went to School in Christian County and lived there when I was a young'n.

I like to hunt Deer mainly, used to hunt turkey but not enough time now. I go some squirrel hunting on my uncle's place.

My Uncle Johnny taught me to hunt, don't remember my first hunting trip, guess I was to young, but I was about 9 when I shot my 1st rabbit.

Deer Hunting I use a Rem 700 ADL in .243 and a .50 TC Black Diamond during Muzzleloading Season, usually use a Marlin Mod 60 squirrel hunting sometimes Mod 10 single shot. When I do get to hunt Turkey I have an old J.C. Higgins 12 ga bolt action.

Favorite hunting memory? Seventh grade in the winter, we had a mess of snow and ice that January only went to school 4 days, going out and hunting rabbits and found some squirrels not in their nest, and bring'm home knowing Mom would be fixin us squirrel, biscuts, and gravy for breakfast in the morning!

Dream hunt, Alaska! Hunting Fishing whatever!

Im from NE Missouri & have loved hunting sicne I was a little girl. My Dad & Grandpa used to take me deer hunting and fishing. Later after my parents divorced, a good friend of ours took me turkey hunting. ( R.I.P. Bill, Miss you)
Deer hunting is my favorite, I live for November! I shoot a Weatherby 243
This year, for the first time, I am going to try bow hunting. Anything to make deerseason longer!!

MoBowman

I live in Lee's Summit Missouri, just a little s.e. of the KC area. I prefer to hunt with my bow and only go out during rifle season with my grandson and nephew. Love Quail, Dove, Deer, Turkey hunting. Have a farm in Saline County (big deer) and another in Jackson County to hunt. Also do some in Hickory, St. Clair, Wayne and have even been known to go after those huge Iron County deer

mdewitt71

Not from MO but, will retire there in two years somewhere between Waynesville and Lebanon.
I was stationed at Ft. LeonardWood for 5 years and have family in Waynesville, Marshfield, Ava, and Nixa.

BigSwad

Where are you from in Missouri? Grew up in Bois D' Arc, went to school in Ash Grove (Both are just outside of Springfield), went to college at School of the Ozarks (College of the Ozarks now) in Pt. Lookout just outside of Branson. Wife is from Troy, we met at College. Live in Texas now but still make it back to hunt in MO occasionally. All the family is still in MO.

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most? Deer and Hogs

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip? My uncles. My dad never even shot guns, but my grandparents always encouraged me. My mom's two brothers were instrumental in taking me hunting alot, even though used to do a lot of deer hunting with a buddy of mine near Buckhorn, just outside of Ft. Leonard Wood in the National forest. The first hunt I remember was there camping along the road with my buddies uncles and cousins.

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind? Use two primary rifles, Remington .243 and Remington 7mm Mag and use a Mathews LX bow.

What is your favorite hunting memory? My trip to South Africa

What is your dream hunt? Well since I have already fulfilled one with the trip to Africa, the next would be a Caribou hunt.

Top Bottom