Where are you from in Montana?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
How about some short introductions?

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most?

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip?

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind?

What is your favorite hunting memory?

What is your dream hunt?

wildcat

Reaction score
Hello....... Well I just moved to Bozeman Montana, I came from Illinois. I love it here in Montana,,, this will be my first year hunting here in the mountains, cant wait!!!!! Hope to meet other Montana hunters soon..... Wildcat

Shane

Reaction score
Right on, Wildcat. You've been through a full year in the Big Sky. Pretty darned cold, huh?

I was born and raised (18 years) in the greater Billings area. I spent a couple years as a kid in Reedpoint - between Big Timber and Columbus. Graduated from BSHS.

We spent most of our time hunting mule deer and antelope in the central and eastern parts of the state.

I sure enjoy hunting the sage foothills.

fossilman

Reaction score
I lived in Montana for more than 30 years and go back at least a couple times a year.
I grew up around the Roundup area in the "Bull Mountain's"
I have hunted lots of Mulie deer,Antelope and Turkey in the Central part of the state...........
When I retire its back to Montana for me...................

Sapphire

Reaction score
Well, I grew up in Washington state, but moved to Montana 10 years ago. Lived in Lolo for 9 1/2 and moved to Billings a few months ago! Little windy here, but I'll like it fine...its MONTANA!!

I LOVE to bowhunt elk as well as hunt anything else there is a season for! And, fossilman, I love to rockhound and this eastern part of the state kicks butt for that.

Ernie

JayHelfrich

Reaction score

I'm a 32 year old father of three, 2 boys age 11 and 10 and a baby girl just 6 months old. I work in the oil field as a Drilling Fluids Engineer. I love to hunt, fish world wide, and spend time with my family. My wife loves to hunt and fish with me. I am blessed!

I live in Butte, Montana. It is in the southwestern part of the state.

I like to hunt for it all. My favorite is big game.

I started hunting with my dad. I killed rabbits and squirels with .22's and .410 shotguns before I able to hunt big game. At the age of 12 I harvested my first big game animal, an Antelope with a .243 Winchester Model 70 and later that season I got a mule deer buck with a .270 Winchester Model 70.

I have used rifles and shotgund for hunting. I just bought a bow and plan on hunting with it this year. My preference in rifles is the Winchester Model 70. I prefer a pump shotgun and I have two Charles Daily's. My bow is a Bear The Truth 2.

My favorite hunting memories are when ever I have taken someone out hunting and they harvest their first animal.

What is your dream hunt?

My dream hunt is a year in Alaska where I can hunt and trap for all the animals the great state has.

Jay

montanabbq

Reaction score
Montana Hunting

I'm a 52 (June 28th) year old father of 6, 2 step boys age 17 and 26, 1 daughter 13 and 3 step daughters 22, 25 and 29. I work in the Computer Field and also own a small Computer business called Haywood Firm. I love to hunt, fish, specially trout, and spend time with my family. My wife loves to hunt and fish with me. I am blessed! Last year was her first year hunting and my first year I ever got a buck a nice 5x5.

I live in Billings, Montana. It is in the southern part of the state.

I like to hunt for it all. My favorite is big game specially Elk.

I started hunting with my dad and brothers. I killed rabbits and squirels with my dad's .22 and bought a 30-30 in 1976 and still hunt with it today. For many years after high school I stopped hunting due to the location I was in, but I finally started back up about 20 years ago and have loved it ever since. I learned to hunt with a bow when Chuck Adams was still a big time archery hunter. I moved to Montana about 2 years ago and got married about 1 year ago. My wife had never hunted before, but I taught her how to hunt and now we hunt and fish together.

I have used rifles and shotgun for hunting. I have had and use a bow for over 10 years and plan on hunting with it this year. My preference in rifles is the Winchester Model 70. I prefer a pump shotgun and I have a Reminton. My bow is a Bear.

My favorite hunting memories are when ever I have taken someone out hunting and they harvest their first animal and when I shot my first buck this past year. I have killed lots of does in the past, but never a buck. I also love to process my own deer and use to process others as well.

What is your dream hunt?

I have my dream here in Montana. Where else can you hunt for lots of big game and live so close to where they live?

Chris

5-SHOT

Reaction score
I lived in Montana for more than 30 years and go back at least a couple times a year.
I grew up around the Roundup area in the "Bull Mountain's"
I have hunted lots of Mulie deer,Antelope and Turkey in the Central part of the state...........
When I retire its back to Montana for me...................
Hey Fossilman, did you ever retire? I am getting ready to pull the plug and leave calif and head into lewis and clark county somewhere around the canyon near wolf creek ( just not sure exactly where YET) let me know

Don

Latest Posts

Top Bottom