Where are you from in New Hampshire?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
How about some short introductions?

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most?

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip?

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind?

What is your favorite hunting memory?

What is your dream hunt?

nickroy77

I live in Bow, NH.
Deer
Friends
All three, I use a Interarms Mark IV .30-06
A Mossberg 12 gauge, which needs to be replaced.
A Knight In-Line .50 Cal M/L
A Hoyt bow
When we all limited out on Great Bay and we had my buddy's dog, Alaska, retrieve.
What is your dream hunt?
Many, too many actually. So many options, so little money... :(

sportsmensworld

I'm from Danville, NH.

Turkey, Deer, Bear, Squirrel, and Moose if I get the chance.

I taught myself how to hunt.

I use a Winchester 1300, 12 guage sgotgun. I also use a PSE compound bow.

I have so many. Unfortuneately, none of them involve harvesting game. Last year was my first year hunting. I got laid off from my job right before the bear season opened, so I spent a few hundred hours hunting last fall. It was a learing experience for me.
To start, I shot a slug at a bear opening day that I estimate to weigh in at 200+ lbs. and missed. I found out my scope was off a little, but my heart was pumping for an hour afterwards. What a rush.
I later shot an arrow at a turkey during the fall archery season at the same sight and fell short. Still trying to get used to judging distance. I don't have a range finder yet.
I had numerous close calls with deer throughout the season. One that I'll never forget is the one hunting in my home town. After hunting an afternoon and not seeing or hearing anything at all, I started back to the truck. I was trying to be quiet in case I saw a deer, maybe I could get a shot off. Just 50 yards from my stand location, as I came over the crest of a hill on the trail, a deer snorted at my and ran off about 50 yds. I just about had a heart attack and almost dropped my bow. He continued to snort at least 30 times. Boy am I glad I knew what a snort sounded like before that happened. If not I would have high tailed it out of there. I finally got my nerves calmed down. Started to walk the trail again and "BAM". Another deer 20 yds down the trail did it to me again. After the second one, I had enough. I went home after that, because the light was gone.
The best memories though, are from when my dad and I hunted together. I did not grow up with my dad, so I did not get into hunting as a kid. We have a great time together when we go hunting. We both realize that it is not harvesting game that makes a hunt successful. It is the companionship of loved ones or friends and having a good time that makes it a success. (Though I would love to harvest something soon. It adds to the excitement.) I hope my dad is there for my first harvest. That will truely make a merory of a lifetime.

What is your dream hunt?
My dream hunt would probably have to be a successful moose hunt right here in NH with my dad.

Happy hunting everyone!

Top Bottom