Where are you from in Pennsylvania?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
How about some short introductions?

Where are you from in Pennsylvania?

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most?

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip?

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind?

What is your favorite hunting memory?

What is your dream hunt?

Mailman29680

Reaction score
I grew up in Mt.Pleasant PA in Westmoreland county.
I've hunted Westmoreland,Fayette,Somerset,Greene,Elk,Cameron and Clearfield counties.
Also hunted WV and MD while living in PA.

Fished everywhere also and Lake Erie

huntallday

Reaction score
I am from Connellsville, PA Fayette County. I mostly hunt Fayette, Greene, Westmoreland, Somerset, Forest Counties in that particular order. As far as fishing I fished alot of lakes and streams in PA. I am now on active duty USMC and will finally be returning home to PA in 2004. Cant hardly wait.

Chuckhunter

Reaction score
From Stroudsburg, Pa., Turkey hunting is my favorite local sport with whitetail hunting right behind that. I like a 7MM-08 and my 300RSAUM. My dream hunt would be a guided hunt for Elk in Arizona.

CuttnRun

Reaction score
I have grown up in Crawford County and have only hunted this county for deer. I guess you can say that I've been spoiled growing up beside the Pymatuning Propagation Area. Although, I haven't seen any big deer here in years!!!
Ha.
I strickly hunt with a bow now and will NOT hunt with a rifle. I have got my trophy on the wall and now I hunt for the challenge to take a bigger deer.

Cutt

nfmMike

Reaction score
I grew up in Chester County, left for 11 years, came back 11 years ago. Hunted MD a little, SC alot! Going for Berks Co. this year I think.

Enjoy trap shooting, bow and rifle shooting.

Love being outdoors.

Dream hunt would be a guided Wyoming hunt, trophy or not, game bag full or not. The joy of freedom would be the best theraputic vacation I can imagine.

chkrdflag

Reaction score
I live in northampton county. I own a cabin in Pike county, that is where we do mmost of our hunting. Deer and turkey are my prefered game. >243 and 30.06 rifles bow and am interested in muzzleloaders.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Howdy All, My address says Harrisburg, but actually I live app. 3 miles from HersheyPark. I am 35 years old, and have lived here all of my life, I have a 16 year old daughter and a 5 year old boy, who I hope loves to hunt as much as I do. My parents were divorced, so I credit my grandpa and my uncle's with teaching me how to hunt, I have just recently started hunting with my dad again, and I look forward to our annual "first day" of rifle season each year. I love archery hunting, but I do hunt with a rifle if forced.....Spring turkey is just as much fun for me, I just love to hunt! besides hunting, I also love to..................White water kayak (I spend alot of time in the Laurel highlands, and Western Maryland/West Virginia, mountain bike, fish, camp, metal detect, I am an amature taxidermist, trapping, anything outdoors!! My favorite season would be 1991, when I shot my first buck with a bow, a nine pointer, I shot a turkey in the fall(jake) using my grandpas mossberg bolt action turkey gun that I was given upon his death, and I shot a small bear from our family cabin in Elk county, triple trophy if you will. And to sum it up, my dream hunt happened last year when I went to Colorado for Elk and although I didn't get one, it was an incredible experience, and I am going back again this year. Good luck fellow PA hunters!!

GobbleGig

Reaction score
I live in New Holland, PA. I have lived my entire life in Lancaster County which is in the SE corner of the State. My family owns a hunting camp in the Northcentral part of the State. I love turkey hunting the most, though I really like deer and bear hunting also. My Dad was and still is the biggest influence in my hunting career. I shoot a Mossberg 835 shotgun for turkey and a Remington 700 Mountain Rifle in 280 ca. for big game.

jiminpa

Reaction score
venango county here. started in armstrong co,moved to venango co in 1970.went into the service in 1978,got out in 1992.moved to crawford co,then mercer.now back in venango.
deer hunting with my 45-70 ruger #1 or a muzzleloader.
trapping what ever the rest of the year!!

paarcher070173

Reaction score
From Saylorsburg PA. (Monroe County) I have lived in this area all of my life! I hunt mainly in Monroe and Northampton Counties! I hunt with bow, rifle, and muzzleloader! If I had a choice the bow is all I would use! Love to archery hunt! My weapons of choice are Rifle- Ruger M77 30-06 and I have a bunch of bows Hoyt Trykon, Striker, & Power-Tec; Jennings Speedmaster just to name a few! I do like to small game hunt also! Not really into turkey hunting as of yet! And I also do alot of fishing!!

troyandmarsha

Reaction score
jesse,

i live in Grove City, PA

love hunting gobblers the best.

learned hunting by trial & error with my father in law

favorite gun: in pursuit of a one-shot one-kill turkey gun

so far my favorite memory is pulling in 3 gobblers
at one time for my father in law and watched the
boss strut in for at least 5 minutes..all the while
whispering."don't shoot my decoy"... "hold still...
don't move" next favorite memories will be
hunting with my young daughters for turkey and
deer season.

dream hunt would be to take a huge white tail from
the midwest with a flint lock

therev_46

Reaction score
from a little town right outside of erie. currently stationed in SC, but will be returning to PA in july. i hunt pretty much everything and anything, with about every kind of firearm, but my true passion is archery. i also happen to live just a few miles from the big hot spots for steelhead, so if anyone wants to come up and go fishing , give me a holler, i'd be glad to tell ya the best places to go, maybe tag along if work permits.

jwkumher

Reaction score
Originally from Texas, but now I live in LongBranch Burough near California PA. I've been here for 4 years and now that I'm out of school and working, I have purchased a new Hoyt which I intend to use for whitetail whenever and where-ever possible. I would also like to try my hand at PA Elk.

My dream hunt would be an archery Moose Hunt in Alaka or Maine.

jiminpa

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jiminpa @ May 5 2006, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
venango county here. started in armstrong co,moved to venango co in 1970.went into the service in 1978,got out in 1992.moved to crawford co,then mercer.now back in venango.
deer hunting with my 45-70 ruger #1 or a muzzleloader.
trapping what ever the rest of the year!![/b]
move again!! now i'm near grove city,pa.in mercer county.

Penn kid

Reaction score
I live in Lebanon county. I like to hunt deer,bear and turkey.Bear is my favorite. I killed one and passed another one up. My favorite place to hunt is Sullivan co. Out of state I like hunting moose and pronghorns.

zodiakgsps

Reaction score
I live in Erie, raise, train, hunt with & compete my GSPS in shows & field events.
Fish the lake & hit the streams for steelies spring/fall. Also hunt deer, ML, rifle & archery & a little turkey hunting.

mossyoakhntr05

Reaction score
i am from allegheny county, hunted alot in alegheny, mckean, washington, and greene, as well as north carolina, texas, and southern virginia(places i been stationed). i been in the marine corps for 5 years now only been home for two buck seasons. i live in hawaii now, unfortunatly. love hunting deer, turkey, squirrel and pretty much any kinda of other brid you can hunt. out here in hawaii (oahu) i hunt pigs and goats very consistently and this fall im hunting pheasent, quail, francolin, and doves and having a blast doing it, although there is nothing like penns woods. i both rifle and bow hunt avidly. my dream is hands down to hunt a free range pa elk.

Uncle Nicky

Reaction score
Where are you from in Pennsylvania? Philadelphia suburbs

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most? Turkey

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip? Father, age 12

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind? All of the above

What is your favorite hunting memory? First deer, it was a LONNNGG wait

What is your dream hunt? Turkey Grand Slam, all in the same year

Top Bottom