Where are you from in South Dakota?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
How about some short introductions?

Where are you from in South Dakota?

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most?

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip?

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind?

What is your favorite hunting memory?

What is your dream hunt?

farmdude

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
hi i'm paul live south of Sioux Falls
like to hunt all ways especially archery
disabled now but still trying to get r done

MY LAST 6 YEARS
SIX YEARS AGO Started NOTICING ATAXIA (poor balance etc.)SIGNS IN FALL OF 2000. (as I did't know I was going to be able to drive tractor in spring 2001 ) 2001 WENT TO University of Minnesota and they ran several tests.. showed nothing. Docs confused (me even more).

Symptoms of MS and had tests done in S.F. S.D. MRI etc. Docs confused (me even more).
they showed nothing either.. that was 2002. Last spring (05) couldn’t work (hadn’t worked since) anymore..symtopms were.. .. Chronic fatigue, severe depression,(to the point I thought of just ending it ) slurred speech, dry and worsening vision , buzzing in right ear, tingling/numbness in feet/hands, gotta be extra careful when swallowing (choke), ataxia symptoms, general poor co-ordination..i/e dialing phone typing etc. (used to just fly though dialing and typing. .very few mistakes and very fast handwriting.. now I make a ton of mistakes and handwriting is not ledgable…just ask my wife . Which I might add she has been great through this…also the last 33 yrs. Married to me!) ..Just in everythingI do have had to learn to slow down and think hard to make body do what’s wanted…. Learned to deal with all this (so I wouldn’t hurt myself).……..

in July of 05 went to Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minn. Told doc to take his best guess on diagnosing what’s up…I had brought MRI DISC THAT I HAD DONE IN 2002 FOR THEM TO COMPARE…. Diagnosed with having….

IDIOPATHIC DEGENERATION OF THE CERABELUM ATAXIA…idiopathic=unknown ataxia=unsteadyness.

In Aug of 05 on the 7th I got e-mail warning of the dangers of aspartame/nutrasweet…(no doctor in 6 yrs. And $35,000.00 worth of tests ever mentioned this ) …. Got off of it that very day (heavy diet dew drinker containing aspartame) these symptoms were gone in 48 hrs… or sooner …. Severe depression, chronic fatigue, coordination got better, slurred speech better handwriting….

Had a Caribou hunt booked with webbers lodges http://www.webberslodges.com/dymondlake/index.html (great place..100% success.bow or rifle) 5 star too.
Had e-mailed the outfitter on Fri. Wondering if I could even do it.(having hunted all my life I really wanted to go on my “DREAM HUNT”.

he called me Monday (Aug. 8th) and I told him no problem now…as I was already over the chronic fatigue. Went caribou huntin in Sept. had a ball…was able to treestand bow hunt last fall, also gun hunted…

Dec. 2005 rolls around and I fell right back into most of same symptoms (read up on it more….(.Aspartame poisoning will trigger many degenerative diseases!) didn’t have the chronic fatigue, severe depression, I had worse slurred speech, I had worsening eyesight and dry mattery eyes, I had much worse dexterity i/e typing,dial phone, writing etc….also very hard standing up at times (especially evenings)…pain in left hip….lost a lot of mass in leg and hips…
Been a roller coaster ride for sure. On a little upswing now (I hope) roller coaster going up lol .
That’s where I’m at right now so I’m hunting this fall … had to chage to groundblind but am gettying it done...not very queit going in/coming out ...(as long as my body will function)…although I am a lot slower.
PAUL

hooks515

Reaction score
Good luck on things Paul...Maybe we can trade a few notes, I haven't seen many South Dakota hunters on here...I think they all trade notes at the local coffee shop...Nothing wrong with that, I enjoy that too.....Take care Eric

GraciesCove

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Kerry,
How about some short introductions?

Where are you from in South Dakota? Bath (by Aberdeen)

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most? Pheasants (I am a South Dakotan!)

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip? My husband taught me, my first trip was just outside of our treeline, about 400 yards from our house.

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind? Rifle .243 (don't laugh, I'm dead-on with that sucker!) 12ga shot gun

What is your favorite hunting memory? Every pheasant season becomes my favorite, we have a group of friends and relatives come for opener, it's great.

What is your dream hunt? North to Alaska!

Top Bottom