Where are you from in Texas?

BigSwad

Cool. Let me know how it goes. Also, we just hired a lady on here that just moved from Texas. Does your wife work somewhere yet? If so, is it in Wylie? Just wondering, would be a weird coincidence if that is the way it worked out.

reddog5

Yeah my ol lady works in Richardson, but we live in Mckinney. I forgot to stop at walmart or the gun store today for info on the classes, so i picked up every new gun mag i could at the market!
Man i got to get out.

reddog5

Well i found out i dont have to take the hunter safety course over again, Texas honors california's class. I do have to wait 3 more months till i am technicaly a legal resident or fork over the $300 for a non-resident licsence
I have my eye on some WMAs around here that im dying to check out.

John Paul

Hey Guys, I was born in Beeville raised in Corpus Christi, (Flour Bluff) lived here for 20+ years then moved to Kerrville and worked at Woodbury taxidermy for 3, then Damuth Taxidermy in Brady for 3. Wife got home sick so we moved back home to the Bluff and opened a shop , Safari Taxidermy. There is no place like home, We live near the water and fish every chance we get. When we have the time we try to hunt as much as we can also.

Its all about having fun!

BigSwad

Hey John Paul. Glad to see you post. I went to your website and it looks good. I am headed to RSA in 2007 for a Safari. May have to check with you on pricing and such. Will definitely stop by during the SCI Dallas Convention.

John Paul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigSwad @ Dec 6 2006, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey John Paul. Glad to see you post. I went to your website and it looks good. I am headed to RSA in 2007 for a Safari. May have to check with you on pricing and such. Will definitely stop by during the SCI Dallas Convention.[/b]

Thank You,

RSA , Where? When? I will be in the Limpopo area in Sept. 07

BigSwad

Probably Elis Ras area (spelling?). My buddy is headed there tommorrow to visit his relatives and he is going to visit some we have been talking with to finalize prices and animal availablilty. I also asked him to stop by Kwiktan over there and pick me up a croc rifle sling...LOL

Gomer76825

New guy, I'm from and live in Brady, nice to see some others who know where that is on this site. I hunt a lil of everything, but my first hunting love is whitetail, also dove quail, turkey, axis (have heard of feral animals on my family land) and varmints, have bagged a few hogs, but we don't have them on our place thank goodness. I rifle hunt, my weapon of choice is my Ruger M77 6MM. My dream hunt would be to take a wall hanger on my family land. My Dad and uncles taught me how to hunt and I took my firt deer at 9 and have been hooked ever since. Great site and glad to be a part of the gang.

BigSwad

Welcome aboard Gomer! Good to see another Texan hop on. Yeah i should be down Brady way this weekend weather permitting. Sounds like you got some good family land to hunt on so that is a great bonus. Maybe all of us that hunt down in that area could hook up at the hard eight one night for supper.

Gomer76825

If your heading Brady way this weekend be sure and bring a coat. It's about 25 and snowing right now. It's all supposed to blow over for a few days and then hit us again this weekend. Always up for some Bar-B-Que and hunting stories. Hate to sound like a Bar-B-Que snob but I preferr Mac's just being a home town boy I guess. More likely just the swede in me coming out. I can get a 3 meat plate at mac's for the price of a cold pork chop at hard 8
. sorry I'm as serious about my Bar-B-Que as I am deer hunting. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Lan-Lord

Hey Gomer, welcome to JHO! We are glad to add another Texan to the group. Stay warm this weekend.

Gomer76825

Thanks for the welcome Lan Lord, I love the site, this is my first trip into the world of forums and such really enjoy it. I have been bumping around on the site and am really excited about the possabality of a spring hunt in texas would be great to get to meet a bunch of fellow hunters. posted on the page about the hunt, please keep me informed. Will do as far as trying to keep warm this weekend. Ought to make it rather cool for the final weekend of spike and doe season. I'll be out there, would like a lil more meat in the freezer.

Gomer76825

weather Sat. was rainy and cold, stuck it out and took a 1 1/2 spike out of the heard. The hunt sucked except that I saw 2 wall hangers in the same bunch i took the spike, credit to our mangment program. Doing the right thing isn't always fun, but it's worth it.

azle

Guess I will chime in here, form Azle Tx, hunt favorites: all birds, pig, Yotes. do quite a bit of clays you name it I'm game! always looking to meet new people and experience new hunts.

BDM II

Lan-Lord

Hey azle, welcome to JHO! sounds like you are close to BigSwad and a few other Dallas/Ftworth folks.

BigSwad

Welcome aboard Azle. Good to have you here. Lots of good information and tall tales here.

Gomer76825

Always glad to have another Texan in the fold. Enjoy the site it's great.

Bigswad, did you end up making it to the heart of Texas the other weekend?

BigSwad

Yeah we did but never made it into Brady. I didnt shoot anything but my buddy shot a nice size doe. Once again, it was a pretty slow weekend. Hopefully next year will be better. Did you end up going?

Top Bottom