Where are you from in Texas?

Gomer76825

yeah, I toughed it out and ended up removing a 1 1/2 year old nail head spike. Also saw 2 wall hangers that I hadn't seen all year, one wide and heavy and one long and tall, sure made it allot easier cleaning that spike in 25 degrees and rain. Another update, with the rain and snow the wheat is coming up and man are the animals moving. This past Sunday my lil Brother and I made a loop on the back roads surrounding our place and I'm not kidding we saw 400 white tail and at least 100 axis, it was incredible and in one bunch of Axis there were six feeding with their heads down, they were 600yrds out, I honked the horn to get a better look and when those heads came up my heart skipped a beat, all six would go on the wall no doubt, as you can imagine I am a lil excited to get back out there, I moved a feeder closer to that area and the corn was gone after the first night being there and the scrapes are everywhere, hopefully I can post a pic of one of those big boys soon, I've already got some footage of a bunch of does and a few smaller bucks.
going nuts to get back out.

Borderbandit

Live in Uvalde and raised in Del Rio, Tx. Hence the name BorderBandit. lol... Guiding and outfitting hunts is what I do for a living. Married with 4 kiddo's so I stay pretty darn busy. Gearing up for exotic hunts now that whitetail season is over. I'll chime in and post pics as I can.

Gomer76825

I did a lil running around Del Rio or at least Acuna in my younger days, at least I think I did. Glad to have you aboard. Is Rick Machem (spelling) still heading the extension service there in Uvalde?

Gomer76825

borderbandit. Thanks for the info. Rick grew up here in Brady and his mother and my gradmother are old friends. Welcome to the site, ya'll have a hell of a hunt in March.

I'm in San Antonio now for 6 yrs but I grew up in Mabank around Cedar Creek Lake. I am married with six daughters and I am a taxidermist. I love to hunt with my daughters and wife. I mostly rifle hunt with my Ruger 7 mag. Whitetail is my most favorite.

BigSwad

Welcome aboard BTB12! Good to have another Texan on the forums. Lots of stuff to discuss here and look forward to seeing your work. Maybe you can join us on a future hunt.

I just joined this forum after going on an outstanding hunt with Borderbandit. I mostly hunt whitetail deer but am branching out a little. I started hunting with my dad and my brother. Since my other brother and I were about the same age, he went with my dad and I went with my brother. Today my oldest brother is my hunting partner. My first hunting trip was when I was about 9 and I shot my first deer. I shoot with a rifle, but I got my first bow kill this year. My favorite hunting memory of recent was the Axis hunt I just got back from that me and my brother shot 2 very nice Axis bucks. I look forward to visiting this forum.

BigSwad

Welcome aboard HOA hunter! Glad to see the Texas contingent growing. What part of the great lone star state are you from?

We just had a JHO Texas Exotic hunt with Borderbandit about a month ago. It was my first branch out into the stuff other than normal texas game, ie whitetail and hogs. I enjoyed it immensely, not only for the hunt but for the fellowship with the other hunters. We have a great group here and look forward to having you on board.

Gomer76825

HOA Welcome aboard, and thanks for posting the pics of the awsome Axis Hunt. You'll love this site, but be warned it is know to be addicting.

Thanks for the welcome, this site has a TON of information. I hail from College Station, home of the Fightin' Texas Aggies. Class of 1995. Gig 'Em.

Texas BuckHorn

I'm from League City, between Houston & Galveston. I love hunting Whitetails, but the last three years I've been hunting exotics, Blackbuck, Red Stag and last year a Buffalo. My dad taught me to hunt in the late '60's. I mostly hunt with my faithful Winchester Model 70, Featherweight, 30.06. My most memorable hunting experience is when my 8 year old son killed his first Whitetail. This coming season my best friend and I are going on a muy grande hunt. I got old enough and the wife finally OK'ed the $5500.

Lan-Lord

Hey Tx Buckhorn, welcome!
I live about 10 minutes north of you, off of Clear Lake City Blvd. If you ever see a truck and/or boat with a JHO sticker in the neighborhood, wail on the horn and wave - its prolly me.

BigSwad

Yup ditto what Lanlord said. Welcome on board! Always good to see the Texas contingent growing. Keep an eye out, you never know when we will have a get together. Also, would definitely like to hear more about your muy grande hunt you have planned.

We have a great group of guys, so just join right in.

1SoCalHunter

Howdy Folks!

Just wanted to finally stop by and say hello to all. I moved from Southern Kalifornia (West Covina) to Keller, TX (Tarrant County) in March 2006 and I can say that I just love the more liberal gun laws here. I have been off my favorite activities such as hunting and fishing for a while since I had to first settle here in my new home state, but now that I'm pretty much settled in the Lone Star State I'm ready for some action.

I just signed up last week at the Fort Worth Trap and Skeet club to get back in shape, I have been a little rusty, but that's why I'm getting the pratice since dove season is coming up and it's coming fast. I'm also looking to see if I can hook a hunting lease or join an existing one that somebody already has and we can share all expenses.

Anybody else from DFW Metroplex area? Talk to me TEXAS!!!

Top Bottom