Where are you from in West Virginia?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
How about some short introductions?

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most?

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip?

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind?

What is your favorite hunting memory?

What is your dream hunt?

CWSMACKDOWN

Reaction score
Hey WVBigBuck, thanks for stopping by. Be sure stop in and tell us how your hunting season is going. Good luck and happy hunting.

mountaineer

Reaction score
Im from Goodhope Wv. its just south of clarksburg. I now live in Arizona

earndawg

Reaction score
Hi guys, nice website you got here! I'm from Triadelphia which is just outside of Wheeling. Cabelas is building their new store and distribution center in my backyard, almost. Can't wait for it to open but I think my wife can. Looking forward to turkey season! Earndawg

bob2003cat

Reaction score
I'm from Ellenboro, west of Clarksburg. I love to deer hunt with gun, and gun and crossbow in Ohio,I've been deer hunting for @40 yrs. You have got probally the best web site that I have been on! THANKS

Jason Pitzer

Reaction score

Where are you from in West Virginia? Im from Thornton WV Right smack dab between Phillipi and grafton. Which is between Elkins, Clarksberg, and Morgantown

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most? Squrrial and Deer

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip? My dad tought me to hunt I used to follow him around in the woods sence I could walk checking his trapping lines and the like.

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind? All 3 .243 30-06 single shot 20 gauge and a pump 12 gauge and a Fred Bear Bow.

What is your favorite hunting memory? When I was out on my own for the first time hunting and I was watching a field and here comes this heard of doe's and i stopped them before the went into this patch of woods with a wistle and picked the largest one out of the herd put the crosses on her sholder and let it loose and i closed my eyes (Need to stop that) and look up they all where gone and im like dangnavit walked down like I always do looking for blood and hair and I look for about a min felt like a hour and got frustrated (need to fix that to) then out of the corner of my eye i see a white flash and look over. there she be and no more then 10 feet from me =O that has to be my favorite one.

What is your dream hunt? Dunno yet I wanna complete the NA Grandslam then move on to the sheep GS so on so forth.

WVArcher

Reaction score
I'm from Charleston WV...if you live in WV I hope you know where this is

I hunt in Lincoln Boone Logan and Pocahauntas Counties...mostly deer gun/bow also participate in Spring Gobbler

Interested in Do-it-yourself work and food plots/deer management....looking to grow some big'uns

My mom/ grandpa taught me how to hunt...

I love Bow season...specially since how the seasons over lap you can take a turkey with a bow...hahaha...

wvhunter

Reaction score
Been hanging around for a good while but don't stop by this portion of the board much (will have to change that).

Anyway: Live in Kingwood, hunt mostly in Preston County with a hunt or two a year in Mineral county.

Hunt with bow, gun and muzzleloader. Mostly deer and turkey. Want to get a bear in WV in the next year or two. See several bear and get several trail cam pictures but never seem to see any bear during bow season.

Cannonball08

Reaction score
From Grafton WV, I hunt everything in every season. Mostly like to run beagles on rabbits and archery hunt. Starting to dabble in trapping and love those game cameras! Learned to hunt from my dad. Going on bou hunt in 07" with my dad.

Skull_Hunter

Reaction score
I am from Shinston WV. I hunt mostly Whitetails with a gun or bow. The bow is my favorite weapon tho.
There is nothing like that rush you get when a deer is within bow range!

I also like to hunt for squirels,grouse and every once in a while I like to buy my bear stamp and see if I am lucky enough to bring one home from Randolph county on a bow hunt!

My dad took us hunting as kids and around 14-15 yrs old I began to still hunt with my Bow. I couldn't sit still long enough to use a tree stand LMAO..........It worked out tho! LOL

Right now I hunt with a Clearwater ultramag bow 24 inch darts and a toxonics sight that I put a cross hair scope on! I love it...........
My guns are as follows......A topper model Harrington Richardson 20 guage single, an Ithaca model 66 lever action 12 guage, Knight inline muzzel loader and last but not least My 44 magnum super red hawk w/9 1/2 inch barrel.

WVSLICK

Reaction score
HEY, HOWS IT GOING? I AM FROM WETZEL COUNTY, LIVE IN CALIFORNIA RIGHT NOW, MOVING TO NEW MEXICO IN DEC. I GREW UP IN THE WOODS OF WETZEL COUNTY, HUNTED IN TYLER COUNTY SOME. DAD TOOK ME HUNTING AND SHOWED ME SOME STUFF, BROTHER-IN-LAW FILLED IN THE REST. MOSTLY A WHITETAIL HUNTER AND SQUIRREL HUNTER, LOVE RUNNIN RABBIT DOGS WHEN I GET THE CHANCE. I HAVE HUNTED WITH 30-30, 30-06, 300 SAVAGE, 270, 308. HAVE TO SAY 30-06 WAS MY FAVORITE, ALTHOUGH I WAS SURPRISED HOW WELL I LIKED THE 300. USED REM. 870 WINGMASTER FOR EVERYTHING ELSE. HAVENT HUNTED THE LAST TWO YEARS, BEEN IN CA., BUT NEW MEX. WILL BE DIFFERENT. FAVORITE MEMORY WOULD HAVE TO BE MY FIRST BUCK, DROVE FROM FLORIDA TO WV AND GOT A SPIKE AT DAYLIGHT ON THE FIRST DAY, PUT A PERFECT SHOT ON IT, ONLY RAN 30 YARDS AND WENT DOWN. I WAS THE FIRST TO GET ONE THAT YEAR, FELT PRETTY AWESOME. DREAM HUNT: ME AND MY SONS ANYTIME, ANYWHERE! GOOD TO MEET YOU ALL, GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR.

WVHunter129

Reaction score
I am from Fayette County WV. Lived here all my live and enjoy hunting and fishing in WV. During the 2 week buck season I go to Greenbrier County where we have our camp and hunt the Monongahela National Forest.

Love to bow hunt, gun hunt, muzzleloader hunt and thinking of getting into using my pistol for hunting.

Nice to find this site.

Beartracker

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spectr17 @ May 25 2003, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most?

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip?

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind?

What is your favorite hunting memory?

What is your dream hunt?[/b]
I live in Clay County and in a place called Valley Fork about 2 miles from RT. 79 and the Wallback, WV exit. This is about 50 miles from Charleston and about 55 miles from Summersville and I sit in just about the middle of the two.
Longbow hunted for many years and have taken many Deer, Bear, Coyote, Coon and Bob-Cat with a bow over the years. Love hunting , photographing and tracking Bear the best of all but due to an accident many years ago I can't do much anymore but git out when I can. To many health problems to early in my life.
My Dad taught me hunting, fishing ,Trapping and so on when I was just a little thing and some of my favorite memories is the trout fishing and camping trips along the rivers and streams of WV, PA, Colo, Mich and others.
Lately I have been getting ready to pick up my 30-30 Winchester 94 trapper again for hunting and hang up the bows. My arms and back are shot and shooting a bow is just to rough anymore.
To many good memories of hunting to just pick one but I guess my first Black Bear with a longbow is about the best. Took him at 14 yards and the broadhead just cut the valves off the heart. He ran twenty yards and then rolled down the mountain right by my truck. 350 lbs. Mike

Top Bottom