Where Are You From & What Kind Of Dog Do You Have?

JGPena

Hello. I've got a 3.5 year old field bred weimaraner. Got him for hunting, but got involved in field trials, but I got to put him on lots of mearns quail 2 years ago. He's been trained by Bill Gibbons in Phoenix, AZ and finished the steadying process by Steve Reynolds of Snakebreaks kennels.
I'm no longer trialing him, and hell be a hunting dog/couch potato now. I'll post a pic later.

JGPena

Hello. I've got a 3.5 year old field bred weimaraner. Got him for hunting, but got involved in field trials, but I got to put him on lots of mearns quail 2 years ago. He's been trained by Bill Gibbons in Phoenix, AZ and finished the steadying process by Steve Reynolds of Snakebreaks kennels.
I'm no longer trialing him, and hell be a hunting dog/couch potato now. I'll post a pic later.

k_rad

Monkey

This is Monkey "Matillija Labradorious Monk" My three year old Lab. If you drop it he will retrieve it. He is partial to waterfowl...

1242.jpgblackberry 018.jpgduck hunting 021.jpg100_32132.jpgk+k -scouting-23.jpg

JGPena

this is my boy
sash6.jpgtailhiheadhi (2).jpg
3.5 years 53 lbs and athletic and good stamina (for a weimaraner!)

Last edited:

MThomas88

Hi Everyone!

My name is Matt. I have a one year old German Shorthair Pointer name Jasper, who has just started training for upland game and waterfowl! Wish me luck!

chris_s

Hello my name is Chris. i have a 14 month old lab his name is "Rikki Bobby" :smile-yellow: and no i did not name him. he was given to me with that name i kinda like it though. I'm looking for a trainer for him to get him ready for waterfowl.

Last edited:

.300Savage

We run Beagles on deer and between Dad and I we have 5 ranging from 9-under a year. the training is mostly trial and error and they seem to know that deer is what there supposed to be after though last season My beagle George and one of his Sisters Molly seemed to turn on to Quails which Im not opposed to as I have no issue w/eating birds as well. They get after a jack here and there but we just dont give em the praise we do for the good stuff and they seem to break off the race.

jerryt

I've got two German Short Hairs that just love to hunt all day and every day. If there not in the field there in the back yard looking for squirrels, rabbits, mice and lizards.
PICT0006.jpgIMG00066-20101205-1500.jpgDogs 2009 012.jpg

JimT

I'm from the Pittsburgh, PA area but I've been living in CA for 28 years. I have a Pointer and an English setter.

inchr48

Hey Jim!

A good friend of our's from OH used to raise the ES's. Hope you have lot's of birds to chase this year. We're wishing for some cooler temps for bird hunting (and I need to chase some Whitetails too!). Nothing better than a good pointing dog (except maybe a coursing hound!).

ManCalledHorse

ManCalledHorse here,
I have two high energy dogs, one a English pointer and the other a Vizla and pointer mix.
They are both about to turn 4 and I had them for 3 years.
They dont have any training yet (other than behavior, lol), but I want them to do what they are born to do, hunt!
I hunt deer and pig and I would love them to join me, but I don't know how.
Any help or pointers will be greatly appreciated.
I hunt in the Cleveland National Forest in San Diego.
Yut!

Bam'sFrenchBrittany

My name is Bam.
I'm 17, but have been hunting nearly every weekend since I was 9 while things are in season of course.
This was my first season as a dog handler with my 7 month old french brittany that I've been attempting to train haha.
She has seen nothing but wild birds.281354_212169158830088_100001110175069_579634_5083560_n.jpg382810_280648921982111_100001110175069_794652_917902036_n.jpg382837_277765285603808_100001110175069_788323_589186746_n.jpgP1010379.jpgP1010325.jpg

kingbraces

I didn't read through all the post or threads so sorry if I re-ask a question. I just got my first Black and Tan Coon dog and I am looking for someone to hunt with. Specifically I am interested in letting my dog run with someone else's pack to get exposure. I have been training her on a drag scent for awhile now but I live on base and they generally frown on caged coons. I predominantly hunt in the SD / Camp Pendleton area but am willing to travel to central California.

Biff

Had a fantastic week with my 5 year old Lab "Misty". It started out on Monday with our arrival at the NAHRA Invitational at Flagstaff, AZ. Misty did very well at this national hunt test, which showcases both retrieving and upland skills. We passed the test and also earned her Grand Master Hunting Retriever title (GMHR). Way to go Misty! We were first dog Friday morning on the water series, which she slammed and we foregoed the awards banquet to get back to so. cal for the Flatcoat AKC Test on Saturday at Prado. We were last dog to run the very challenging land series, which was a triple (live flier long middle bird). Plus 2 blinds a short and long 30 degree spread to the left of the middle bird and under the arc of the left bird. She picked up the left and right birds fine and then sent her on the middle bird. She took a poor line and was headed left of the middle station and getting awfully close to the hot blind. I panicked and so handled her right to the middle bird. Short blind was good. Long blind I sent her to the wrong bush which was 20 feet pass the correct bush. After realizing my mistake I got her over then into the bird. Wasn't pretty but we got a call back. The water series triple was straight forward with the left bird going left to right to an island( though Misty's bird hit a branch and dropped 10 feet in front of her, she held steady thank god. The middle and right birds were a double in the air at 20 yrds. She slammed it and went home looking forward to Sunday. Sunday's saw another challenging land water series. A triple with a bull dog and a blind 100yrd+ to a dead fall. The triple had an inline on land at 20 and 100yrds. Long bird was a live flier. The left 40 degrees through running water to the left bird(go bird). Bull dog was thrown when coming back from the go bird. I pulled her off the go bird and lined her up for the short bird, but she pushed right on through and with a short hook pinned the long live flier. The she wanted the left bird so I let her get it and the resulting bull dog. Then lined her up again for the short bird and she pinned it. Just a great job on the marks. The wind made the blind more challenging but i got her to it with only one cast refusal. All and all a great week and thanks to Copper State HRC and Flat coat clubs for putting on these great tests. Biff

DuckFever

My name's Eric and I'm from Bend, Oregon. I've had my nearly 10.5 week old GSP Rowdy for a little over a week now. He pointed a pheasant wing yesterday. Other than that, I'm working on basic commands. Will start hardcore hunting training in about a week.Rowdy's First Point 3.jpgRowdy's First Point 1.jpgRowdy Licking Chops.jpg

JookUpVandetti

Here is my dog Gunner.
He is two years old and we live in Moreno Valley and hunt San Jacinto all the time, some of you might have seen him out there. Only Springer Spaniel I've ever seen out there. Mainly just a water dog but plan on taking him out for chukar this year.

Attachments

orionkhan

Howdy,

I'm Wade and this is Rascal, a Brittany. We picked him up about a month ago. He's 4 months now. Given a go at training him myself. We're in Riverside.
DSC_0049.jpgDSC_0050.jpgDSC_0053.jpgDSC_0057.jpg

Top Bottom