Where Are You From & Where Do Hunt Whitetails?

shedhunternb

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I,m from New Brunswick Canada. I hunt in this province. I hunt with a rifle. 270 Win. in a Remington Model 700 Mountain Rifle.I started hunting deer with my dad when I was about 8 or 10 years old.Isit in tree stands but also like to just stalk through the woods. My dream hunt would be to go out to western Canada or to meet the Benoits. I,v been a fan of theres for years

Trumbull Archer

Reaction score
Hi from NE Ohio I bow hunt whitetails in Ohio, where I own some property in SE Ohio,but every year I go to a different state, I've got PA,WVA, Kentuky,Mich,undermy belt so far. Wisconsin and Maryland are on the list for this year.
T.A.

upperEA

Reaction score
Cook, Shed , Buckeye, and Trum welcome to Jesses your going to love it in here check out some of the other forums if you get the chance

BigSwad

Reaction score
Hey all! Grew up hunting in Missouri, where all of my family still lives. Get to hunt there occasionally still on friends and relatives land.

Live around Dallas Texas now and have hunted several areas in Texas, including Llano, Eastland, Regan, Mills and Cooper counties and just this year picked up the best one in extreme Southwest corner of San Saba. I also do a yearly pighunt with some friends at work in Sabinal that is bow only.

I bowhunt with a Mathews LX and gun hunt with 3 different rifles such as a .243. 6.5X55 and 7mm mag. I love to shoot and am a member of a local pistol/rifle club.

I enjoy going after all types of game, but always loved going after whitetail. Sometimes I get to watching and forget to shoot
as sometimes its just nice to sit and watch.

Have been a Jesse's member for awhile now, just starting to post here. Look forward to all the good discussions and input.

pig guide

Inactive
Reaction score
Was all growd up like in Ventura, Ca. Learned to hunt Whitetails religiously in Missouri. I strictly use Bow and traditional .50 St.Louis Hawkins.

recurver67

Reaction score
I"m from Michigan, hunt with a bow full time. My dad started me out hunting and trapping when I was very young. I've never hunted out of state yet but before I die I will have a mulie on the wall.

Hunter Rich

Reaction score
Grew up in SW NY, started hunting deer there in 1981 and haven't missed a season yet...I have lived in GA now for almost 18 years. Still prefer the hardwoods of Western NY to the pine plantations of GA.

In GA I hunt mostly from tree stands, in NY I split it up with still hunting.

I use a 12ga. Remington 11-87, w/Remington Copper Solids, and a Burris scope in both states.

Dad planted the hunting seed and I let it grow wild...

lugnut

Reaction score
I'm from Petal Ms. but I live in crestview Fl. I have just moved here so I'm sure where I'll get to hunt now. For the last 6 years I've been in middle georgia and hunted on Robins Air Force Base. I hope Fl. is as great of a place to hunt as Ga.

jeepin bowhunter

Reaction score
Hey guys. I 'm new new here and live in Central Illinois and hunt deer in North Central Missouri and Central Illinois.

Kevin

Deathwind

Reaction score
I live in southwestern Manitoba so i guess i dream hunt most every year in snow and -20.Started hunting in 1967 with my dad for geese,ducks and priare chickens.Went on my first deer hunt in 1969 and shot a small forkhorn buck with an old Remington model 721 in .270 win.Shot a nice 5 x 5 last year with that same rifle (hell if it works don't mess with it.).Over the years huntings sure has changed around here anyway with the numbers of hunters down alot. I live approx.15 miles nortwest of Brandon in really excellent country thats hunted very little (which is the reason for some of these big old boys around here).Our stupid gun laws have scared off the next generation of hunters which is too bad since the best years i've ever had was out hunting with my old man.

TeamRealtreeHD

Reaction score
From Ohio, and I hunt wherever I can! lol.. I use my High Country Carbon 4 runner, my Marlin Slugmaster (12ga), and for the primitive weapon, I've got a 50 cal, omega.

stony-man

Reaction score
Another newb here. Been hunting for 22 years...started at 16. My Grandfather got me started, and I became addicted. First few years I was a slug-gun hunter, and did the drive thing with hunting clubs and grandpa's buds. Soon learned that I MUCH more enoyed hunting alone, stalking or tree stands. I've used a bow, but went to crossbow a couple years ago when I was given a Horton Hunter SuperMax 175 as a gift...will go back to compound as soon as I get the cash together to buy one. (NEVER sell any hunting equipment when you're hard up for cash - you'll regret it lol) Also use shotgun/muzzleloader if I haven't gotten a couple deer with my bow. I try to get a bigger buck each time, so some years I don't harvest a buck...not that I've killed any monsters yet. :) I've VERY fortunate to have hunting priviledges on a private farm that's only 10 minutes from home, and my office. I go almost every day after work, and all day Saturdays during the season. I will stalk when it's raining/wet, heavy winds, or the snow is soft. Otherwise I sit in the trees. :) I've got 5 rugrats, and they (and the wife) are very supportive of my hunting, and I try to not neglect them (too much). Seems like a great site you guys have here.

Dead Deer Walking

Reaction score
I'm from East Ky. and hunt Whitetails with bow, smoke pole, rifle, and camera throughout the state and have done so for 20 years.

slingshot

Reaction score
I'm also new to this forum (first post). I've hunted off and on for 25 years. I grew up in Central PA where opening day of deer season is a school holiday. First deer hunt was with my Dad and I carried an Ithaca 16 ga shotgun with slugs. Bought a 243 when I was 15, and used that rifle for both deer and varmints until I moved away after college. Now I live in Tennessee and have been hunting the last three seasons. Scored this year and last year. Last year with a 270 Rem 700 and this year with a Ruger Super Red Hawk 480 revolver. I have pretty much decided I will use the 480 for woods deer hunting and have the 270 as a fall-back should I be hunting an area were longer range shots are likely. Didn't take the rifle with me at all this year since I hunt a brushy woods area in Eastern Middle Tennessee. May try black powder hunting next year in a WMA. Still thinkin about that. Love to shoot handguns. Avid fisherman and love the woods.

MAC-DC

Reaction score
I am also new to this site. Have hunted most of my life. Got my first gun, a .410 at the age of 8. Hunted only small game growing up. Met a avivid deer hunter in college and got invited to Mississippi for opening day. Second trip there killed my first deer, a 9pt 232 lb. Was hooked, still my biggest to date and that was almost 30 years ago.
Live near Tampa, Fl and hunt in Georgia mostly. Still get out to Ms. once in awhile.
Shot a 06 for many years but bought a new gun in 300 Win. 2 years ago. Also bow hunt and am still waiting for the first one to fall from my T/C in 30-30.
Have a small lease with 2 close friends. Get up there about 25 to 30 days a season.
Try to practice QDM, 8 points of better. Property owner has major problem with deer eating his crops and has held off getting permits to reduce them. First year on that site so we were able to help out by taking a liberal amount of does. Saw a ton of deer too. Got one old 8pt also. Plus 3 hogs and 2 coyotes.
Mostly stand hunt, primarily in a climber, as I like to really get up there if the terrain fits that.
Have a 21 year old son that has hunted deer with me since he was 12.

Canon

Reaction score
I live in Billings, MT and have hunted whitetail with my dad since i was 14 with my sako .270, and as of last year i started bow hunting. I hunt whitetails just about every direction reaching from Billings. I hunt from blinds, stands, and also still hunt. Deer hunting is what keeps me sane!

ghostryder

Reaction score
i am from south east michigan, hunt mostly in north west to mid michigan, bow hunt mostly, havent gun hunted in years, i shoot a golden eagel , would like a new one but the cost has just went out of sight. dream hunt would be to git one of those michigan swamp mosters that u only see when u r eather not hunting or not able to git a clean shot at. i stand hunt mostly but will slow walk when times git tough or is very cold out .

jnrbronc

Reaction score
I'm an Iowan, born and raised in the eastern part of the state. I have hunted Whitetails in Iowa, Missouri, Minnesota and Wisconsin. I hope to add Illinois to the list this year (archery). I own a farm and my mother in law owns one, too. I have permission for more ground than I can hunt, if there is such a thing.

I hunt both gun and archery. For years I used my Remington 870 as Iowa is a slug state. I did use my Rem 7mm mag in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Missouri. Lately, the gun of choice is my Savage ML10II for both muzzleloader and shotgun season. I just bought a used Matthews Legacy to replace my 1983 PSE Vulcan, even though the Vulcan dropped a P&Y buck for me last fall. My deer season started Oct 1 last year and between muzzle loading, archery, shotgun and late antlerless-only season, I hunted until Jan 18 of 2006.

Self taught deer hunter, starting in 1975. Dad never deer hunted and my first deer hunt was with a friends' family, otherwise pretty much free lanced it.

I'm mainly a stand hunter, but will do the occasional still hunt. I like spot and stalk, too.

For a dream whitetail hunt, I would say Canada, though I have it pretty good here at home and I can be a wuss when the temps get 20 below.

Tom2008

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am from Minnesota and hunt in Minnesota. I for whitetails in Kettle River, Hinckley, and Pillager. My family owns 40 acres in Kettle River and my Grandpa owns about 100 acres in Hinckley. I hunt on public land in Pillager during rifle season.

Top Bottom