Where Are You From & Where Do Hunt Whitetails?

srwshooter

Reaction score
i live in the shenandoah valley of va. near a small called grottoes. i'm a contractor,so i can take time to hunt and fish . i hunt from oct thru dec very seldom do i work those 3 months.i hunt private land mostly near my house in augusta county,but sometimes i hunt highland ,rockingham,bath,amhurst countys too.

i bow hunt with a crossbow,i'm looking buy a new parker soon.

i ml hunt with a tc triumph, its my prefered weapon . i just like ml hunting.

my favorite rifle is a tikka t3 270win in lefthand .

i also love to fish,smallies mostly . i have a custom built jetboat.

fdh54

Reaction score
Goatman Looks like you are already in prime deer habitat! What is the name of the town or city your close to?

Last edited:

fdh54

Reaction score
Another Florida Hunter

I live just west of Jacksonville. Fla. Have hunted whitetails in Mo, Ky,Va. and of course Florida. Hunting deer here in North Florida is like hunting a needle in a haystack. I have to hunt the Osceola National Forest. Has quite a few deer but mostly nocturnal after Archery season is over. My biggest buck so far is from Virginia. A small 6 point. I saw a couple average bucks in velvet in Ky this year but only managed to harvest a doe. Saw a couple of bruisers in Northern Mo, last year but was not quick enough. I use a Remington 270 and stand hunt. I have a Jennings bow that is outdated, but I am going to upgrade to a Matthews or BowTech or something similar this year. I also black-powder hunt. My dream hunt is for my son & I to both score on a couple of nice Northern Bucks. State does not really matter. I would like to hunt Iowa, Illinois, Missouri (again), Ky (again)and Ohio, Kansas, eventually Montana (Milk river) and Canada. It is alot easier trying to figure out where to put a stand in Corn or bean country, than 300,000 acres of Pines & palmettoes with no specific bedding or feeding areas! I also make fixed blade knives and collect knives. I am an avid turkey hunter. Still waiting for my first deer to gobble & let me know where his roost is for the night! Here is a pic of a nice Florida buck that I could not get an arrow off at the last evening of bow season.:big-grin-blue:

Attachments

Last edited:

fdh54

Reaction score
One of the biggest bucks I have ever saw to date was in PA off I-85 walking through a corn field early in the morning just below a house trailer on top of the hill. He was huge & had a really massive rack! There are some there in PA!

JayHelfrich

Reaction score
I hunt whitetail in Montana. I have harvested many but the one I am most proud of is a main frame 5 point with split browtines making him a 7x7. Never got it scored but got a euro mount made out of it.

Jay

Penn kid

Reaction score
I'm from PA as you can guess from my user name. I've hunted deer in VT also but didn't get one. I hunt mostly private land because there are very few deer on public lands here. I like to hunt with a lever action rifle but have taken deer with bow and muzzleloader also.

mathewsguy

Reaction score
My name is Chad im from the south west part of new york in the country i grew up around hunting my granfather and uncle showed me the ropes. I am an avid bow hunter i shoot a mathews. I also hunt with a rifle i use a 308. My first deer was a 6 point buck i shot my first bow season on opening day i shot him 20 minutes after daylight. Alot of people say i got spoiled i know it does not happen like that for everyone. i was hooked after that day. I hunt New york and i hunt pa sometimes. I have hunted north carolina also.
I would love to go to the midwest and chase one of the big monster that rome the land out there. ofcourse i want my mathews in my hand.

jgmayes

Reaction score
Hoosier Hunters?

From Indiana and I love archery, don't get me wrong I drop the hammer on my shotgun when the seaon is here but I love the up close and personal of archery.

Any other hoosier hunters in here?

mossyoakhntr05

Reaction score
PENNSYLVANIA!!! lots and lots of deer here, im stationed in hawaii now and cant wait to move home!!!! hunting not just for big bucks because my dad taught me you cant eat bone, but huntin to hunt, got alot big deer in the southwest corner greene washington and allegheny counties, as well as the mountian counties like mckean and warren. man i miss pa deer hunting!!!!

chowlee

Reaction score
I am from NC, have hunted from our mountains, FL, Ga, Wv. Just moved back to NC from Fl and would like to hear from anyone who hunts Uwharrie here in NC. My age makes it hard to hunt the big hills anymore. I was a gunsmith and archery pro. Now just love to hunt, Oneida Black Eagle bow, Traditions muzzleloader, Remington XP 358win handgun and Remington 700 25/06 bullpup rifle.

T.R.

Reaction score
We currently reside in SE Pennsylvania but my work has taken me to many places. I quit deer hunting in Pennsylvania a few years ago because such an absurd low number of bucks. We live near Maryland so that's where I go for crossbow, muzzle-loader, and rifle. Lots of deer in Maryland. Another favorite spot is located within the Black Hills of western South Dakota.

TR

[email protected]

Reaction score
I was born and raised in Michigan.Ive been hunting for 7 years.My in-laws got me started, now I love it,hunt bow,gun,muzzleloader, and now crossbow.Hunt from both stand, pop-up,shooting shack.Killed a big doe 2nd day hunting.

Top Bottom