Where Are You From & Where Do You Hunt Turkeys?

cali-carnivore

Reaction score
Three toes are a twenty year passionate love affair. I have hunted them from san Diego to Mendocino. Private, public and under dispute. I live in long beach, but I go anywhere. Taken them in Georgia, Maryland, kentucky and a few other places. I don't know if I had to choose between turkey, deer or pig what I would choose but it would be with a bow.

GobbleGobble

Reaction score
I'm from the SF Bay Area and I hunt turkeys mostly around Sacramento.

I use a Remington 870 Express 12g with a Shurshot Mossy Oak pistol grip.

My first hunt was about two years ago, so I'm still pretty new. I've gone on three or four hunting trips total, and last year I bagged a 20 pound gobbler at Cache Creek!

OVHunter916

Reaction score
I live in Orangevale in NE Sacramento County. Got serious about turkeys this year and just took my first bird. I use a plain wood stocked used Rem 870 Express I picked up for $250 used and it patterns great with the Rem Super Full Turkey choke and Winchester Double X 3" Hi Velocity #5 shells. I hunt various local BLM parcels and state Wildlife areas around here.

belowsealevel

Reaction score
Howdy DotuWeb,
My wife & i are heading to Idaho to hunt the Clearwater NF/Orofino area for turkeys in mid-May. Wondering how your experiance was in Idaho? uncrowded, plenty of birds, etc... Not looking for your seceret spot just wondering what your impression of Idaho was. We are pretty experianced turkey hunters in N CA & OR, want to try for a Merriams.

Thanks,
belowesealevel

JHare

Reaction score
I went to Idaho last May for spring turkey. Saw just about everything except turkey's haha. We were in the Boise national forest area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjack

Reaction score
Going to Idaho for the opener!! Southeastern Idaho.
I went to Idaho last May for spring turkey. Saw just about everything except turkey's haha. We were in the Boise national forest area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sancho

Reaction score
just got another invite to private property. dude installed a fish pond in his yard..and it is pulling all the local birds in for the water source. they are tearing up his stuff.

i should be able to pick them off at the property perimeter. 5 more weeks to go!! got a new 11-87 shotgun..well, new for me. but i am pretty sure i am archery only again. just kinda nice not to rattle the wilderness silence with a shotgun blast.

the manley

Reaction score
I'm from Southern California, Ventura county and I am still looking for the place I hunt turkey. Actually debating SLO or whether I should head up toward Yuba City or Grass Valley this weekend.
Good to hear there are so many successful Turkey hunters from California. Primarily a bow hunter, but I do own a PELLET gun... California is so ridiculous sometimes.

I will find those birds!

Archer82

Reaction score
Im from CA, so cal area. Im a new hunter looking to go turkey hunting this spring, and if not this spring then for sure this fall. I shoot a recurve and this year will be my first year hunting. The areas I've heard of that have birds are down in the San Diego area and also in Sequoia. I plan on going on some scouting trips beginning next month. Hopefully Ill signs of turkeys.

Top Bottom