• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Where Are You From & Where Do You Hunt?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
How about some short introductions?

Where are you from?

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most?

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip?

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind?

What is your favorite hunting memory?

What is your dream hunt?

Chairman

I live near Clinton (and Truman Lake).

Deer hunting is my passion, with turkey hunting a very close second.

I introduced myself to hunting, but I've had quite a bit of help from other hunters ever since. My first hunting trip was a managed deer hunt for the disabled, at Smithville Lake. That was back in '92, and I took my first deer then too ~ a yearling buck.

I use a Thompson Center Encore ~ 6mm-22.250, 25-06 & a 209X50 Magnum muzzleloader. For turkey, I use a Remington 870 Express SPT 3" Magnum. During bow season, I use a Buckmaster MaxPoint crossbow.

My favorite hunting memory is of taking my best buck ever, last year. I had shoulder surgery in July, and had to really work hard to be ready for deer season. All that work sure payed off...

Hopefully, I'll be able to go Mulie hunting in the near future. I also hope to go Elk hunting in New Mexico, someday.

BTW ~ I'm applying for the muzzleloader hunt (for disabled hunters) @ Swan Lake NWR, this year...

davemanda27

I am from northwest Ohio

A close friend of mine taught me how to hunt.

I use a remington 12 gauge

normaly I hunt squirlle

my dream would be to hunt white tail deer

My name is Todd Smelser

I live in Knoxville Tn but originally from Richmond Indiana.

I am the founder of Disabled Sportsmen of America

I love to hunt anything that has a season but my favorite are deer and hogs.

I have a form of Muscular Dystrophy

I normally hunt deer/coyotes with a savage 243, and hogs with a winchester 30 30

My favorite memory is hunting with my granfather.

trkyhunter

My name is Joseph White Im from centreville Alabama Roll Tide I was in a big truck wreck 2 years ago and have a 4 reptured dics I hunt deer and 3 year ago I started turkey hunting after hunting season is out i take my son fishing . I have dreamed of one day going on a elk hunt and hog hunt . My favorite memory was growing up hunting with my stepfather . I hunt with a savage 270 and a mossberg 3.5 The first deer i killed was a doe I was 16 and proud

jeh7mmmag

James Howard from DFW Texas.
Hunt dove, quail, deer, hog. I hunt the Texas Parks and Wildlife drawing hunts, Public lands, and some family land in West Texas. I shot an 870 Wingmaster 12ga and my favorite rifle is a 700BDL 7mm RM.
I am looking for some hunting partner in this area. Just to share thhe outdoors with. Vietnam era vet and disabled in 1995 (spinal avm t-5) and still working. Still get around on my cane best I can. Just love the outdoor activities.
Thanks for the great site.

bigkentk

My name is Kent Kutsugeras.I live in Juneau Wisconsin . I like to hunt deer ,turkey waterfowl and grouse when they are in season.I learned to hunt from my dad and grandfather.Hunt with rifle shotgun and crossbow.Have lots of guns their all like about the same.I like the hunt that took me to Manitoba the best shot a big 10 point there.My dream hunt would be able to hunt Moose.
bigkentk.

RedHawk

I'm me

Live in Pittsburg, Texas.

45 years old

BK amputee for 25 years

Raised in the Cypress Creek bottoms around the Lone Star area.... Started hunting at the age of 7 ...with my Dad....and was basically turned loose to hunt on my own at the age of 10

10!!!!!!..yep ...but this was back in the day when kids respected parents and did what you were told
Respect earns respect

Hogs and deer are my main critters with ducks not far behind..duck hunting has changed so much since I was a kid

Ruger Redhawk 44mag
Savage 30-06
Harrington single shot 308
Mossberg shotguns including the 3 1/2

Love to trotline for the big flatheads

Sidewinder

Hi folks. I live in the Missouri Ozarks in SW part of the state. I have been disabled since 1985 following a hit to the back by a charged firehose. Health has been pointed downhill since. Still fighting it all the way.

I missed nearly15 years of hunting but I am very happy to be back at it. I hunting
whitetail deer, turkey,squirrel and coyote.

I have a 14 yr old son who shares my love of the outdoors. I have two grandbabies also.

I hunted very early on with my Dad and Uncles. At that time, deer season was like a family reunion.

I shoot a 270,243,223,.17 and 50 cal smokepole and 36 cal also. My son and I also have our shotguns. I have to use a crossbow now in archery season. It is a Barnett Quad 300.

My favorite memory hunting is watching my son take his first deer when he was 12.

I think my dream hunt would be a elk hunt or a Muley hunt.

'Ike' @ HM

Hello!
I live in the Sacramento, CA area..........Passion is Bowhunting Deer and Elk and chasing Pheasants and Waterfowl..........In 1995 I was ejected (no chute) from my vehicle when I crashed chasing a bad guy
Crushed my pelvis....Put back together and do as well as I can, but still have those days! They say it'll get worse, but that's down the road...........Just glad to be here!

jeh7mmmag

Originally posted by 'Ike' @ HM@Dec 31 2004, 11:39 PM
Hello! 
   I live in the Sacramento, CA area..........Passion is Bowhunting Deer and Elk and chasing Pheasants and Waterfowl..........In 1995 I was ejected (no chute) from my vehicle when I crashed chasing a bad guy 
   Crushed my pelvis....Put back together and do as well as I can, but still have those days!  They say it'll get worse, but that's down the road...........Just glad to be here!  
SIDEWINDER AND IKE,
I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE.
JAMES

Sharpshooter1288

From California ....My name is Todd Harrison I am 16 years old and have Becker Musuclar Dystrophy.
I enjoy hunting deer very much. When I go hunting i forget about everything else going on in my life. So hunting is pretty much my life and I will hunt as much as i can before I might have to get in a wheel chair.

'Ike' @ HM

Hey James, thank you.......It's us who should be thanking you for the service of our country!

Hang in there Sharpshooter!!!

Hey, Mike Carter from south Tx, about mid way from San Antoino to mexico. Been i a chair for 25 yrs, i found one bucking bull just a little meaner than me. I have hunted on some of the biggest ranches in south tx, mainly to kill cull bucks, but some of the cull bucks in south tx are pretty good deer. My best buck is a 181 BC i killed on the maltsburger ranch. I use a gun made by Frank Coleman. 30-06, and a Rem 1100.

Lan-Lord

Hello Mike, and welcome to Jesse's.
Maltsburger ranch is down close to cotulla right? There is some great hunting down there.

There are quite a few Texas hunters scattered around here. You can check out the Texas Hunting forum here at JHO also for some Texas discussions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lan-lord @ Sep 1 2006, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hello Mike, and welcome to Jesse's.
Maltsburger ranch is down close to cotulla right? There is some great hunting down there.

There are quite a few Texas hunters scattered around here. You can check out the Texas Hunting forum here at JHO also for some Texas discussions.[/b]

Thanks lan-lord. Yes the Maltsburger ranch is just on the other side of Cotulla. They have some fine deer there. I get to cull some bucks for them every year. I have know the family for years. Nice bunch of people. It's getting dryer than a popcorn fart out there. Need rain bad.

Mike

afarcry

My name is Don and I live in Northwest Wisconsin. Guess I pretty much live and breathe hunting. I have multiple sclerosis and I have gone downhill pretty fast so my physical abilities are pretty limited. Be that as it may, I make a point of getting in the woods every day! I shoot a TC Encore with different barrels to suit my different needs. I use a Horton crossbow for my bow hunting. Seems to do the trick as I've hung quite a few deer with it in the last couple years.

Archery season opens here tomorrow so if I vanish for a while, know that I am still around, I'm just in the woods enjoying myself to the fullest. Contact me through my web site e-mail if you ever ask a question and I don't get to it right away on here. Oh, I should mention my web site. It's at afarcry.info and full of stuff for disabled hunters and anglers. I've tried to make it a good resource and if there is ever anything you don't see on there, give me a shout, and if I can, I'll find it. Keep an eye on the opportunities section as there are often some pretty awesome trips on there and its being added to a lot!

Also, if you know of anything that should be added, please let me know. Especially any outfitter's you dealt with that were really good for hunters with disabilities, any adaptations I don't have up there that could benefit others, and any good trophy pictures you have that I could display. As you look at it, you'll find that the site is for you so help me add to it! I don't sell anything, it's all strictly volunteer. The good Lord left me a little ability so let's make the most it!
Don

Lan-Lord

Hi afarcry,
to JHO. Thanks for checking in with us here in the disabled forum too.
Good luck during your archery hunt and stay safe. Stop back by and fill us in with a hunt report if you get a chance.

jeh7mmmag

Welcome afarcry & Huntin dog,
&
Glad to see some more Texas hunter here. I spend a lot of time on Texas Hunting Forum http://www.texashuntingforum.com as jeh7mmmag.
Just went on a dove hunt with another DAV I meet on THF. To wet and green but we are going back in 3 weeks to bust them again. Then a DAV duck hunt in the future.
Got some fine guys on THF that set up some nice free Disabled hunts. I am going to Big Spring mid November on a DAV cull / doe hunt with 2 other DAV. I am waiting to hear on my TPWLD drawing hunts in hopes of going on at least one more hunt.
Huntin dog: Have you got any opening for DAV hunts if I run across anybody needing one?
James

Rem

I'm from porterville Ca love to bow hunt and this year started to do a lot of bird hunting with my new pup

Top Bottom