Where Are You From & Where Do You Like To Fish?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
How about some introductions?

Where are you from & where do you fish?

What kinds of fishing rods do you have?

What is your favorite fish to fish for?

Who taught you to fish and when was your 1st fishing trip?

What is your favorite fishing memory?

What is your dream fishing trip or moment.

============================================

My name is Jesse and I live in SoCal.

I learned to saltwater fish by going out on the twilight boats in SoCal when I moved to California in 1980

My 1st trip was probably in 1980.

My favorite fish to fish for is tuna.

My favorite fishing memory would be spear fishing when I first learned to dive. We were cutting up sea urchins and laying up aginst this reef when I speared a large sheepshead who promptly started to drag my butt off in the water. A buddy helped me subdue the fish and he made a motion with his hands to shoot smaller fish next time.

My dream fishing trip would be to do a fly in to LaPaz for marlin.

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
My name is Xavier and I live in SoCal

I learned to saltwater fish on the San Digeo party boats. I've only been fishing for around 6-7 years, but was caught hook line and sinker.

My favorite fish to fish for is yellowtail and albacore.

One Track

Reaction score
I litereally grew up in a bass boat. Every Saturday and Sunday morning, I woke up, wrapped in a blanket, in a bass boat, on one of San Diego's bass lakes. My dad was/is a hardcore bass fisherman. Almost 40 years later, I still fish with him almost every weekend, (except during huntin' season.) He's my best friend, and I am stoked that I was brought up fishing and hunting.

Now, he lives on a private lake, and the fishing is really good. That's the only lake that I fish now.

About five years ago, I went on an overnight albacore trip. Needless to say, I was hooked bad. I bought a boat and fished it hard for two years. The boat was an old piece of junk, and I just couldn't keep up with the maintenance. Now, I am reduced to bumming rides and fishing the sporties. Actually, it's MUCH more affordable than running your own saltwater boat. But, you don't get the fulfillment of doing it yourself. I really miss 'hunting' for fish, getting that first 'hook up,' and motoring out of the bay at 3am in the pitch black.

What was the question again?

My favorite memory is a Western Bass tournament that my dad and I won back around 1980. 96 teams on Lake Hodges. We took first place with 39 pounds of fish, and I had Big Fish honors as well. My second favorite memory is a 1/2 day in a panga down on the East Cape. It was the last day and we had to leave for the airport at 1pm. My buddies were done after four full days of fishing. I rented a super panga, and went out and just slaughtered the tuna. I only had two hours of fishing time as we had to go about an hour north. I caught seven yellowfin, all about 40-50 pounds. I was hooked up for two hours straight on 25# line. A real back breaker, but worth every penny.

Bass reels consist of Daiwa and Quantum. Rods are Shimano. Saltwater gear is mixed from a TLD 50 to a Ambassador 6500.

Favorite fish: Freshwater bass, and Tuna.

Dream trip: A 15 day long range trip for monster tuna and wahoo.

widgnwhacker

Reaction score
My name is Widgnwhacker aka Jeff.

Born and raised in SO. CAL. , Imperial Beach. I fish Long Range Trips every summer out of H&M Landing. My older brother and I have been going on the Spirit of Adventure for the last 6 years now. Fish almost everyday as a kid growing up in IB. Fished off the pier and the jetties and also at the mouth of the Sloughs for big flatties
I have a friend with a 21' Trophy that we go out to the Coronado Islands and the Rockpile for Tails!! We also make Albie rns when they are within 60 miles. Got to many damn rods to have a favorite. I really like my new Trinidad reel for fishing open water tails and albies!! I would say that my favorite fish is the mighty BLUEFIN
If ya want to get your ass kicked thats the fish that will do it gladly!! My favorite memory was cacthing my biggest blue to date 80lb.!! Still want to break the 100lb mark. My dream is to run on a 15 day trip when I retire from work. Only 5 years to go YE HA!!

WW

d trees

Reaction score
d tree's = Derek
Lived in So Cal 34 of my 35 years now in Sacto caught everything that swims in our waters except a salmon going to do that soon and a broadbill hooked one and faught it for an hour and pulled the hook
, worked on sportboats from 79 - 2002 and have fished or run a boat from SB to Cabo , started as pinhead and worked my to captain have my LIC for 10 years now and currently working a land job that I love, favorite fish to chase is WSB aka the KING we were catching them in the shallows since 84 or there abouts when you never saw any skiffs let alone the Fleet of sport boats you see now days boy do I miss those days it was great !!!! making squid all by ourselves or the the one or two sportboats that were out,,,
,,,d

Favorite moment too many to choose from lets see,, first 10 lb calico in 80 no Roosters while camping on the beach S of la paz no first WSB @ Coronado Isl no my YFT that went 279 @ Clarion Isl no first 100 pnd BFT on the Cortez bank in 85 no ,, okay I got it that first bonito I caught way way back at the seal beach jetty when I was a young lad that hooked me on fishn forever
,,,,, newest obsession duck and goose hunting cant get enough of it ,d

GENE L

Reaction score
born and raised in ca.been fishing since i can remeber,went tuna fishing for the first time last year.needless to say i was hooked.hope to get 5 friends together this year so we can do a six pack trip.the big boats are fun but way to many folks.gene

BBB

Reaction score
i was born in newport beach and have been fishing from the age of 3 now im 17 and pick up jobs when ever i can out of Newport on the boats

the fish that i love to fish for would have to be the good old yellowtail

i fish with mostly cal star rods and Newl reels

my dream trip is on a 10 day trip to Alijos Rocks for those big yellow tail

see you guys on the water

Kyle

BeaverEater

Reaction score
I was born and raised in newport Beach. I am friends with BBB AKA Kyle. work at Newport Bait Co. so i get free hookup on bait and fish with Kyle pretty much every day either on his boat or mine.

waldo2382

Reaction score
My name is Ethan and I'm from Long Beach, CA. I started working on the sport boats when I was 15 at Berth 55 and a little throughout SoCal (Redondo, San Diego) on everthing from half days to mulit-day trips. When college doen't get in the way I work on the boats up here in NorCal. I'll have my license for this upcoming season, but will be working on some of the bigger ships out there, but will fill in from time to time on the boats that need it.

I fish far more than I hunt but I enjoy them both very much. I have some great memories from working on the fishing boats and love that industry. Unfortunately, hunting and fishing are very expensive hobbies, so I must now go to college and look for a way to pay for those trips I'm dyin' to take.

Feel free to pm or email me, I love talking fishing.

yupurs

Reaction score

Hey-- I'm a member of PETA-- don't knock it-- People Eating Tasty Animals

I live in the Santa Barbara area and fish the Channel Islands. I will sometimes spend two or three days on the water, it's a great way to clear you head of work related crap.
Born and Raised in Bakersfield, Ca-- it's a good place to be from---- far from.

Roger

Anglette

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Anglette and I to am a FISHAHOLIC,
I started in the fishing bussiness the summer after I graduated highschool, 86',I started out as an office jockey, then galley cooked then became a DECKIE.

and now, well, let's just say, I am still in the fishing bussiness part-time.

I grew up fishing the Channel Islands, and seem to keep fishing there, I went out once out of San Diego, and got NOTHING, but of course I slept all day, never beat a good day sleeping out on the rolling waves....

my biggest fish are...

28 lb WSB
34 lb yellowtail
27 lb albie
18 lb halibut
9 lb calico
and a 12 oz. sand dab

but I have hooked up WAYYYYYYYYYYYY bigger fish, but never have seemed to see what they were

there is a lil info on me
Anglette

d trees

Reaction score
Originally posted by Anglette@Feb 5 2004, 10:59 AM
and a 12 oz. sand dab
Come now where's the pic of that beauty

Anglette

Reaction score
well actually it was disqualified after they found an 8oz divers weight in 'em

hee hee hee hee

hdsts

Reaction score
Hi my name is Greg, I am a fishaholic.

I am born and raised in So Cal. Started fishing on the Newport Pier when I was in Jr High for salt and use to fish Azusa Cyn when I was in Elementry school. That was back when we could be dropped off at the bridge in the morning and picked back up at 5 o'clock at the same spot. I wouldn't drop my 10 yr old off up there now! Back then it was safer.
I now fish anywhere there is water. My wife is from Montana, so I get to visit the northern states every other year (beautiful country) and fish for wild trout. I fish the rock quarry every Sunday for bass and jump on mid-week party boats or put together 6 pack trips for yellowtail and/or tuna. I go to Mexico every year for a week either La Paz or Loreto.
The rods I prefer is Calstar/Seeker for saltwater and I use Pro Gear, Penn, Shimano, and Newell reels.
I would love to go on a 10-15 day trip one day. Longest trip so far is 3 days and the biggest fish so far landed who be a 72 lb Albie. Last year lost one over a hundred pounds on 30 lb, just couldn't get him stopped or turned and burned up the drags on a Pro Gear 255 and spooled me. Next time I'll get that 100 lber.

Angelette - Nice dab

Greg

bowhuntr

Reaction score
I live in orange county, I love to fish, and bow hunt, do a bunch of long range trips. Personal Best would have to be.

T-Shark 314
Bluefin westcoast 128
Yellowtail 66.6
Yellowfin 344.2,243,223,201
Calico 10.1

bowhuntr

Reaction score
[attachment=30558:attachment]
[attachment=30559:attachment]
[attachment=30556:attachment]
[attachment=30557:attachment]

Attachments