Where are you going?

waldo2382

Reaction score
Hey there people! Just kinda curious if people are have planned or are planning any trips for this fall and winter to any "exotic" destinations away from your regular waterfowl area like Argentina or Canada or maybe Alaska? None for me, I got a lot of "local" spots with lots of honkers and mallards and sandhills that I have to explore and the sea duck hunting is phenominal. That and the boat I just bought isn't allowing any far away trips this year. So let's hear your plans on where you're going this year.

RickQU/DU

Reaction score
Planning as I type lol, Looking into Alaska soon but going off the kids school schedule and the wifes, So far it's all up for grabs on dates. My new brother inlaw lives in Colorado and says they have a unlimited shoot on geese now I may shoot on up to Col very soon and Turkey is opening up and I wanna bag one from outta state.

Rick

Orygun

Reaction score
My focus will be on deer and fur-bearing animals this year. Funds will be allocated toward them. I may travel to CA for the BOS opener. Which is like going to another country.

Gray Ghost Safaris

Reaction score
Zimbabwe in June, Mozambique in September. If I can work it out, ducks in Argentina sometime during our summer. Here's a few Snow's, Blue's and Ross geese I took in February during our spring conservation season.

GB Jack

Reaction score
Canada and Argentina (maybe) depnds, and good old Bakersfield, that an EXOTIC location if you ask me, its ALWAYS an adventure!

rcrosby

Reaction score
I am going to show GB how to hunt up in Canada and then got to stick close to home. Just found out we are expecting in December. Yah I know what planning for a diehard waterfowl junkie.

P.S. Jack you know Bakersfield is always an adventure. Let me just promise you won't have to use your gun as a paddle this year...

Atwater

Purt near but not plumb
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Just found out we are expecting in December.[/b]
What!??? Holy crap Ryan, don't you ever let that girl rest! Congrats man, guess we better get lots of fishing in, as your hunting season just got drastically altered!

Atwater

Purt near but not plumb
Reaction score
I'm planning on finding "Waldo" up on the penninsula in December and chasing sea ducks...and maybe look for that monster Ling that's been haunting me for decades...

waldo2382

Reaction score
Sounds like a plan there Atwater, you know where to find me. All the harleys, goldeneye and longtails you can handle. My boat will be up here next Monday. December isn't a great time to go out for the lings in the open water, but if the weather is down, bring the scatterguns, if there is a place to find eiders out there, that would be the place, just nobody really goes out there that time of year. Cast and Blast, HECK YES!

Atwater

Purt near but not plumb
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
if the weather is down, bring the scatterguns, if there is a place to find eiders out there, that would be the place, just nobody really goes out there that time of year.[/b]
Sounds like my kind of place...

foulshot

Reaction score
Nothing for me in 08, like Orygun said gonna concentrate on the big hoofed animals this year. COhunter and myself are looking at Canada 09.

RCrosby, congrats to you and the Mrs. Nothing wrong with having a little one during season. My son was just born this last January, looking forward to those father/son hunts in a few years!

calquail

Reaction score
congrats Ryan. looks like its up to me and scotty. Jack give Ryan a stiff north wind in January and you will be on a hunt.

rcrosby

Reaction score
Thanks Atwater, Foul and Brett. We are really excited. Brett you are right buddy. If there is a good wind I will be there. You are just wrong about the direction... Our day was a S SE wind. Man doesn't that seem like a year ago rather than 2 months ago. Scotty says with what you are charging now adays for borrowed gear your entry fee to our "spot" is going to be pretty steep. But I am looking for that Super X3. Do I hear discount?

Atwater lets go fishing. With all these girls running around this house my nipples are starting to hurt, estrogen poisoning I think.

CC Lefty

Reaction score
Congratulations, Ryan. I have three kids myself, although the girls are now more like "tweens" than kids. Enjoy them... they grow up fast.

Sante Fe, Argentina in June

South Dakota next March... right Crosby?

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom