Where are you hunting elk this year?

RoosterKiller

Reaction score
I'm hunting in Utah. This is my 5th year. Utah has been a good hunt for us.Where are you hunting elk this year? I am curious to hear all the different places people will be hunting this magnificent animal.

Jake F

Reaction score
My crew and I are headed to southwestern Colorado for the first time hunting in Colorado. Good luck to you in Utah

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
Back to the Kaibab for archery cow the second year in a row. Thanks AZ!

Last edited:

fishnhunt

Reaction score
Nevada muzzleloader cow again for me this year. It's a fun hunt during the peak of the rut.

84toyota

Reaction score
My crew and I are headed to southwestern Colorado for the first time hunting in Colorado. Good luck to you in Utah
Where abouts Jake? My dad and I are heading to the Montrose area for the sixth time, with our muzzleloaders...

Jake F

Reaction score
We will be in the San Juan national forest just outside of Pagosa Springs. We are doing a drop camp from a local outfitter.

84toyota

Reaction score
I just got back to CA one week ago, after spending 3 weeks in CO. I spent a week at Pagosa Springs - there were elk all over, making there way back up into the high country... Nice area! The hot springs are really nice, as are the 3 microbreweries in town. My wife and I did some short hikes into the wilderness north of Pagosa Springs, but snow kept us from going very far...

Jake F

Reaction score
Sounds like you guys had a good time. We will definitely hit the microbreweries. Thanks for that tip. We will be hunting to the north of pagosa springs. But i dont know spacifics yet. Good luck to you guys.

devobrodie

Reaction score
I drew the Book cliffs
late rifle, should be fun! good luck to all

nickman123

Reaction score
Roosterkiller, I"m curious about the Utah hunting. We've mostly hunted Colorado. I looked into utah before but it seemed like rifle bull tags were kinda hard to draw. Are you hunting rifle for bulls? Do they have over the counter tags? Or did you actually manage to draw a tag 5 yrs in a row?

jerryt

Reaction score
I thought I was going to CO or CA but it looks like a drew a NV deer tag so I amgoing to concentrate on that and just get more PP for CA Elk.

RoosterKiller

Reaction score
Roosterkiller, I"m curious about the Utah hunting. We've mostly hunted Colorado. I looked into utah before but it seemed like rifle bull tags were kinda hard to draw. Are you hunting rifle for bulls? Do they have over the counter tags? Or did you actually manage to draw a tag 5 yrs in a row?
We go there and hunt cows and spikes. Spike tags are OTC. Cow tags are draw. Yes we have been able to draw every year.They also have OTC Bull tags.

slowpoke

Reaction score
4th season in Colorado near Hayden. Archery hunted it last year and hope to have as much fun with a rifle this year

mochosla

Reaction score
Colorado with tags for cow and doe! First time ever!!!!

buckfever07

Reaction score
My buddies and I are heading to Montana. Had good luck there last time we went 5 years ago.

CA Karen

Reaction score
Hopefully Utah for a cow elk..... will see what the draw brings..

Aught-SixGuy

Reaction score
We go there and hunt cows and spikes. Spike tags are OTC. Cow tags are draw. Yes we have been able to draw every year.They also have OTC Bull tags.
Nice. What unit will you be hunting? I'm doing archery cow/spike outside Payson in August and another cow depredation hunt in January. Although if I tag out in August I'll give the voucher back to the land owner.

Top Bottom