where can I hunt pigs and not pay a big game price?

estes

Reaction score
I want to find a place more local to me (with in 100 miles) if possible to hunt wild pigs any help on this is greatly appreciated!

asaxon

Reaction score
I want to find a place more local to me (with in 100 miles) if possible to hunt wild pigs any help on this is greatly appreciated!
The simple answer is "Public Land". All of the guided hunts in S. Cal cost from 300/1 day at the lowest and generally around $600/2 day hunt (one hog). Even the "semi-guided" hunts are about 250/day. I have a list of many of the guides with notes/prices etc in S. Cal and if you PM me with your email address I will send it to you.

What is the best public land near you? I frankly don't know. There are others who may be able to give you guidance and if you search around on this site there are old threads regarding public land hog hunting. Fort Hunter Liggett is not close and it is not "cheap" either. Generally folks go years hunting public land before getting a hog and many will opt to go on a guided hunt (paying the price) to get their first experience...

Good hunting to you.

Last edited:

Bobaloo

Reaction score
The funny thing is, your location says Eastvale :stir pot:

californiabull

Reaction score
Big Horn Canyon Ranch has fair prices but good luck on the private land in your area. You'll have a better chance with coyotes, but they don't taste like pork...

easymoney

Reaction score
Basically you are limited to public land hunts, and in SO Cal there3 are not many of that type. Up on the Central Coast you can get into self guided hunts for around $300 bucks and fully guided hunts around $500 bucks and up.
Public land take lots of time, lots of experience and lots of money in the form of gas, time and travel expenses.
Not sure where Eastvale is but most good pig hunting is on the Central coast in SLO, Monterey and San Benito Counties. There are loads of hogs, lots of guides and private ranches that allow hunting, FOR A PRICE...

estes

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help I appreciate it

Top Bottom