Where did they all come from

daffyblaster

Reaction score
I cant believe it 702 ducks,i had a chance to hunt on low resi,i will be kicking my self in the but for a while.anyone go down

Chris

Reaction score
That number should be recorded with an asterisk for wind assistance.  A north wind started blowing around 9am and never let up.  The birds were everywhere.

d trees

Reaction score
I dont know where they came from but I know where they are,  plucked and ready for super!! what great day !!!!

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
I could kick myself in the a@@!! I had a high # ressie, but didn't go because of Wister's stellar record so far this year. Arrgh. Oh well I have a ressie for Kern for Saturday, hopefully that will make up for my frustration.

How many hunters were there, what was the avg.

(Edited by karstic at 11:35 am on Dec. 16, 2001)

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
karstic,

Have you ever hunted Kern, if you need a little info let me know!

d trees

Reaction score
Kid im not sure on the totals but it looked real good the 10 mins I was at the check station . d

d trees

Reaction score
Guys I thought I should share what happend near my blind on saturday usually we have probs with sky busters and kazzoo blowers, but I had two guys and I hope they are not on this forum but these guys almost shot at our decoys we were on a center pond they were in  blind #3 when we stood up to let him know they were our decoys he just looked at us and kept walking up the dike away from his blind he went 25 yards up the dyke the next thing we know he shoots and we almost get sprayed,  when I holard at him he just kept walking. later I went to help my dog retreive  a crip teal on a  Island there is a couple coots floating dead on the water , then around two me and mypartner walk back two the truck for lunch the other guy is trying to shoot black Ibis on the water right in front of us . I always try to work things out with people myself but these guys were unreal by the time we packed out and got to the check station they were already gone but I did let the boys at the station know. where do these people come from.   

(Edited by d trees at 5:48 pm on Dec. 16, 2001)

deadducks

Reaction score
the hunting was much better than prior outings.  I agree with D about guys shooting like idiots.  My wife, dog and I were sitting on in our spots when a guy walks the dyke across from us and looks at our dekes like he is going to sneak up on them and shoot.  I stand up and cough so he knows we are there.  Abut 20  mins. later I see a teal land in the water across from us and this dumb-ss shoots across the water and through the tules at us.  The BB's are hitting all around us hard.  BB rain is one thing but to shoot flat across a pond when you know others are there is plain fd-up.  Sorry about the language but I was pissed.  We picked up and moved.  Still had a great shoot with the wife she shot her first 3 ducks.  Shot the 515's.  Hope Wed. is good.

songdog

Reaction score
I've started taking my cell phone with me out to the blinds at any of the refuges that I hunt.  There's a phone in the check station with a direct dial number.  A quick call could get one of the refuge folks out there pretty quickly.  I wouldn't be calling for people crowding you or being loud and basically stupid but if they seem to have way too many shells, let crips go, have too many birds, etc. it's worth a call.

I've had too many times where I was next to someone that shot pintail after pintail only to find out that they were and then stomp them in the mud.  Finally had enough of it and started taking the phone...

Speckmisser

Reaction score
That's a great idea, Songdog.  

We need to start making a big deal out of this kind of thing, and I'm as bad about getting ticked off but not doing anything as anyone.  I've seen too many things without reporting them, usually because there's no way to get a timely report out.  Taking the phone in with a direct dial to the checkstation would be a great call.

coachdog

Reaction score
Me and a couple of buddies shot an offshore blind and did great. Three limits by 1:00. Lots of spooies, a couple teal, couple blue bills and 1 hen canvas back. What a beauty. We saw and got busted by a flight of 5 drake cans, but we were all daydreaming and blew it. Great day on the Sea. Only trouble was rowing after downed birds in all that wind (motor on the fritz).

Back at the check station we saw some chucklehead get busted for a cormorant and a sea gull. How  do you make those mistakes? Not doing much for the good of the future of hunting in California.

limit7

Reaction score
The 515s are too close together.  They should remove one sites and make it a three site area.  But that still would not stop an idiot from shooting over your dekes.

d trees

Reaction score
Hey coach all he had was one a piece SHOOT if a guy was really trying for those exotics he shood of at least took limits :roll-wink-green::rofl:roll-wink-green:

VA Native

Reaction score
Wister seems to be the tale of two hunters.  Everytime I go there I meet really good, ethical hunters, but there are some real jerks who hunt there as well.  Some people just don't give a damn.  Anyway I will be down there next weekend (I am going to give northern California a try this weekend,) hope the birds are still there.  

Megadeth

Reaction score
Its good to hear that the birds arrived down south.It looks like a merry x-mas is on its way!

Reaction score
I’ve been at the Sea for the last two Sat. and I can tell you that we blasted’em both weekends.  Besides the poor ethical clowns that the Sea attracts, it seems that many hunters do not claim birds at checkout.  The Hazard zone is loaded with people shooting at and hitting birds at 120 yards plus.  I thought it would be pointless to try calling yet these guys were dropping birds at such high altitude I couldn’t believe my eyes.  I’m sure they use legal rounds…

This past Sat. the guys in front of us shot a “Snow gull” at about 100 yards and dropped it.  It’s understandable that they didn’t correctly ID the bird since it was about twenty minutes prior to shoot time (dark).  I told the guys at the station but they didn’t seem to care much.  It was very annoying and sad.  I had to look at this dead Gull and its companion floating on the pond all day.  I like the cell phone idea.

Fubar

Reaction score
MachineGun  Welcome to Jesses Forum. Glad to have you with the group.             Fubar

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
Songdog,
Thanks for the idea (cell phone!!!). Wister draws some of the most unethical idiots in the state.

Now I can quit shouting at those B*&^%$d's and simply call the station.

I agree W/ Machine Gun that the guys at the station don't seem to give a smit. (what happened to the regular guys at the check in? they have all changed!)

I hope this didn't offend anyone, sky blasters, waterblasters, gazoo's etc...(Whoadog, I'm really trying! RE: my "ground sluice, upland game post's")

sp

Advertisement

Top Bottom