Where do you find perspective employees?

MJB

Banned
Reaction score
I though I would ask you guys on here, where have you had good results on finding new employees.

I've put an advertisement on craigslist and some local trade schools but no luck yet.

Here is the job description:

We service and install automated storage and retrieval systems, which consist of either all mechanical or an electrical mechanical operation using PLC, or microprocessor technology. Essential activities are conducted within various commercial, industrial and medical settings. Work effectively under stress of daily travel, deadlines, commitments, and client problems. Must be good with hands, love working on machines, and bi-lingual is helpful. Strong communication skills are required, must be able to reading schematic drawings, building to plan, lift 50+ pounds, climb ladders, and work aloft.
Responsibilities consist of:
*Managing crews at job sites
*Complete installation of projects
*Client satisfaction during project
*Responding to customer issues immediately and promptly
*Final and successful deployment of complete systems
*Testing, tuning and documenting client systems
*Troubleshooting and repairing systems
*Creating project milestone and completion timelines and working closely with project manager by keeping project manager informed as to what is going on in the field.
*Documenting in writing all aspects of daily project items including, but not limited to, All client interactions (so we can best manage and track client expectations), project progress, and any issues.
*Reading schematic drawings and building to plan, red-lining as needed to create as-built documentation for engineering.
*Familiar with and able to use various test equipment such as multi meters, and electronic test equipment in order to calibrate and troubleshoot instruments.
*Complete and accurate tracking of time sheets for crews, service and installation tickets, and inventory items that go to a job.
*To be fully aware of the company safety program and hold crews to the safe deployment of electronic systems.
*Be able to train clients on the use of their systems when needed.
*Show up at a client site and get the job done under any circumstances
Paid training included, looking for a career oriented person only.

30k-50k Med. Ins. paid holidays and vacation.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Rancho Loco

Banned
Reaction score
Gawd, when I was hiring and firing, it literally drove me nuts to find qualified workers.

I should have just hung around outside dive bars and the county lockup to find workers, and get rid of the middle man like craigslist or the want ads.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
Having been a company owner. And having run ads for potential employees.
I would say. Condense your Ad.
It's too intimidating.
Describe what your business actually does. And what sort of employee you want.
Plus.
I may be interested.

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
offer referral bonus to your employees. Sometimes they are a good resource.

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tmoniz @ May 1 2008, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not to mention.
I only speak English.[/b]
Hey T. I though you also spoke Portuguese?! LOL

MJB,

I will agree whit Thom here to condense you add...We just find a good employee out of Craiglist, and another good guy from employee referral...good luck!

bodega

Reaction score
MJB:

I thought the candidate description you had was fine. Got to make your expectations clear. It's been a really tough time finding good candidates for a variety of industries. It takes us a year or more to find a good geologist or civil engineer with a few years of experience, and even longer for us to find a field sampler. Monster dot com and Craigslist work pretty well for technical jobs. We've had some good luck linking with military organizations who are trying to place returning war vets into civilian positions. We do that through a head-hunter so I can't get you the name of the organization.

Good luck.

bobcatman04

Reaction score
30K-50K is hardly a living wage in So CA., big spread, and anyone with that many qualifications, and would be responsible for that many tasks, is already working. If he's the only provider, he needs more than that. JMO

Marty

Reaction score
I would agree with bobcat about the salary. Seems kind of thin for the expectations of: team leader, quick travel, problem solver, miracle maker, client babysitter...

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
Well. Since the wife is a working Pro. I'll start at 30K.
(Please) (No jokes guys about the wife)

Yes. The Ad is a bit intimidating.
So what's the Job?

Caninelaw

Banned
Reaction score
Here ya go...this might help...

Mantenemos e instalamos los sistemas automatizados del almacenaje y de extracción, que consisten en todo mecánico o una operación mecánica eléctrica usando el PLC, o tecnología de microprocesador. Las actividades configuraciones comerciales, industriales y médicas. Trabajo con eficacia bajo tensión del recorrido, de plazos, de consolidaciones, y de problemas diarios del cliente. Debe ser bueno con las manos, amor el trabajo en las máquinas, las habilidades se requieren, deben poder a los gráficos
esquemáticos de la lectura, edificio a planear, para levantar 50
libras, para subir escalas, y a trabajar en alto.

Las responsabilidades consisten en:
* Equipos de manejo en los sitios del trabajo
* Termine la instalación de proyectos
* Satisfacción del cliente durante proyecto
* El responder al cliente publica inmediatamente y puntualmente
* Despliegue final y acertado de sistemas completos
* Probando, templando y documentando sistemas del cliente
* Localizando averías y reparando sistemas
* Crear timelines del jalón y de la terminación del proyecto y el trabajo de cerca con el encargado de proyecto guardando a encargado de proyecto informaron en cuanto a qué está entrando encendido en el campo.
* Documentando en escribir todos los aspectos de los items diarios del proyecto incluyendo, pero no limitado a, de todas las interacciones del cliente (podemos manejar tan lo más mejor posible y las expectativas del cliente de la pista), progreso del proyecto, y cualquieres ediciones.
* Los gráficos esquemáticos y el edificio a planear, red-lining de la lectura como necesario a crear como-construyeron la documentación para la ingeniería.
* Familiar con y capaz de utilizar el vario equipo de prueba tal como multi contadores, y equipo de prueba electrónico para calibrar y localizar averías los instrumentos.
* El seguir completo y exacto de las hojas de tiempo para los equipos, boletos del servicio y de la instalación, e items del inventario que van a un trabajo.
* Para estar completamente enterado de los equipos del programa y del asimiento de la seguridad de la compañía al despliegue seguro de sistemas electrónicos.
* Pueda entrenar a clientes en el uso de sus sistemas cuando está necesitado.
* Muestre para arriba en un sitio del cliente y consiga el trabajo hecho bajo cualquier circunstancia.

pagada el entrenamiento incluido, buscando a una persona orientada carrera solamente.

30 mil a 50 mil seguros médicos más, días de fiesta pagados y vacaciones.

Good luck (I think I got most of it right)

code3punk

Reaction score
lol i'm interested too? you can train me to do almost anything.. Except duck hunt, I just can't get the swing thing down i'll take the 50k part

OC hunter

Reaction score
The best piece of advice I can give you is something I heard on the radio.

"Hire for CHARACTER, teach for skills"

A co-worker and I heard that on the radio during lunch and started laughing our asses off. Our company just hired a big-ass jerk over someone who is a much better person to work with. They gave both candidates all these highly technical questions and the jackass was able to answer one more. So now we have an arrogant, rude, mouth breather who doesn't work well with others.

Second, In the highly technical I.T. industry, we find almost everyone on DICE or MONSTER. Most other advertisements are useless.

-You can teach most of those skills. Find someone you like to work with who is a quick learner!

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing worse than working with a jerk. I worked for this electronics salvage company as a test technician.
The lead tech was an ass. He made everybody miserable. He would answer your questions with an insult.
Got to the point where it was everything I could do to get out of bed and go to work.
I've always liked the idea of getting up in the early AM clear headed and wide eyed and ready to meet a productive day.
Fortunately I got transfered to a new facility.
I hated that guy.

Fowlshooter

Reaction score
You might want to post it on Monster Jobs. If I was looking, I would check Monster first.

db 183

Reaction score
I have found good success from:

1) Employee Referrals
2) Craigslis
3) Dice.com

mrgadget

Reaction score
I have to agree with the others: the pay is WAY to low for what you're asking someone to do with that skill set.

Make it 80K and you've got a deal; I'll take it!

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
Have you considered a head hunter? And for So Cal you are going to have an extremely difficuct time finding the caliber of employee you are looking for the salary range posted. Perhaps you could be at $60K plus performance based bonuses.

Maverick

Reaction score
My first thought was, why is it so hard to find help sound like a good deal and intresting work. Then I saw the pay and bennies. No 401k, 30-50k, Anyone with the jobs skills you are seeking already has a job with better pay. But good luck in your search.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom