Where do you place your cams?

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
I was wondering where most of you set up your cams.
For instance how many have private property vs public, and do you stick to the woods or do you set up in fields as well?
My family has almost 600 acres in NY, and I set up on trails and some meadows that we have on the property. I've been hoping to catch a coyote, bobcat or bear but have not had luck with them yet, just turkeys and mostly doe with a few bucks thrown in..
How about all of you??

woodseye

Reaction score
Well if you are on private land ,creek crossings-trails out to food sources(clover fields apple trees) setting up in the oaks on good mast years are all good.bucks scrapes and rub lines in fall are good. Any soft ground look for tracks 2-21/2 inches wide these should be bucks. easy to find at water crossings in mud. Public land the deeper in and thicker the better. you're not the only one walking around in these areas. cams are like finding money hanging in trees to some people. GOOD LUCK

woodseye

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I set up mine on Private Land mostly, over trails in the woods or along a field.  I seldom setup over Feed because of crows, etc but do use it over Salt sometimes.

Occasionally I put one one Public Ground (in the woods, off trails, etc) but I had a close call one time so do it less now.  If the Forest Ranger Hadn't been Honest, I'd be one cam less now

Tinhorn

Latest Posts

Top Bottom