Where is everybody at?

mkacala697

Reaction score
Im really gettin into these cameras and i was just wondering where everybody is in north america?

Im in wisconsin and man do we have a ton of does running around.  The dnr is giving away free doe permits when u get your liscense.  We got doe only seasons to.  

Last year we had our highest kill totalk ever!

mike

Reaction score
Welcome aboard mkacala!!
Pennsylvania here! Our Game Commission here has doe seasoning running with buck season at the same time. Their trying something new. We also have over population of females. The male, female ratio is all screwed up. But their working on it . Will take a few years to straighten things out.

mkacala697

Reaction score
mike, how long is your season?

our doe and buck has always run as one 9 day gun season until 3 years ago when they added an additional 4 day doe season.

archery season runs from sept. 15 to regular gun.

robNhood

Reaction score
St. Louis, Missouri

My cams take up residence on my lease in NE Missouri.

mike

Reaction score
Our Gun season for buck was always 2 weeks. Starting the first Monday after Thanksgiving. Years ago doe was for one day, after buck season. Then they went to three days.
Now with the problem we have its two weeks right along with buck.
This has caused alot of political debate between the hunter and the Game Commision.For Safety!
Some people even afraid to go hunting. Theres alot of people out there with the notion.If its brown its down. Better where your helmet I guess.

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Located 50 miles east of San Francisco:

As retired airline I fly free, so my pics can be from just about any where. I build 3 of Jon Bain's mini cams that will fit in my carry on baggage. I also free-lance up & down the coast in my small Four Wheel Pop-up Camper. (while the wife is teaching school)  

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
PRETTY EASY TO GUESS?  LITTLE ROCK, ARKANSAS.  WE ALSO HAVE TOO MANY DOES HERE.  WE CAN KILL UP TO 4 DOES, OR 2 BUCKS AND 2 DOES.  THIS YEAR, BUTTON BUCKS STARTED COUNTING AS ONE OF OUR BUCK TAGS.  SET MY FIRST HOMEMADE DEER CAM OUT LAST SUNDAY.  WILL GO PICK UP THE FILM ON LABOR DAY WEEKEND AND POST PICS ASAP.

troll

Reaction score
Buchanan, MI

We have a ton of does here.  The winter was a little harsh this year, but I don't think it slowed the population.  We can take 3 does and 2 bucks here.  Up north in the northern lower, Bovine TB is running rampant so doe permits are free in certain areas.  I'm in the midst of my first camera, and I'm driving my wife crazy with my obsession with it.

LW

Reaction score
I am from S.E. Arkansas in addition to the 4 tags Simplearkansas mentioned my lease gets one extra doe tag per 100 acres @ 2000 acres thats 20 extra doe tage for 12 members. We are in a high population/high kill zone.
I set my cam out last thursday and will pick it up this weekend.  

NatureBoy

Reaction score
Acworth, GA  (Northwest Metro Atlanta)

My first camera's out now.  Enjoyable and simple project.  Looking forward to the pics.  Also have a Camtrakker, but much more excited about my homemade version.

NB

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Southern California. Why? it's where the spaceship dumped me off.

quackmaster

Reaction score
Little Rock, AR
If you ask me those DNR guys up in Wisconsin are all somewhat wacky. Just my opinion though. I had one try to ticket me for not wearing some silly prison style back tag.  I lived there for a couple of years after college. Worked in Milwaukee. Saw tons of huge bucks, especially in the neighborhoods.  Got some great pictures and found a shed or two.  Had to move back south. I'm too skinny for that kind of cold!   We don't have the problem of deer running around in neighborhoods down here.  If one does happen to wander into a neighborhood (upscale or not) it probably won't exit! Residential bow hunting has been a hot point around here at certain times.
It would make sense to me that if they wanted to decrease the deer poplulation up there, they would at least have part of the gun season during the rut, but I guess it is all politics.  

BackWoods

Reaction score
Hey mkacala, where in Wisconsin do you hunt?  Im from Oshkosh and I hunt in Waupaca and in Antigo.  

mkacala697

Reaction score
Im in Kaukauna, but i do most of my hunting in Marquette county in the middle of the state.

glen71

Reaction score
Texas. I live in the Houston area but hunt 35 miles east of Laredo. I will likely get some pics of some pretty good bucks if I can get my cam finished.

wvhunter

Reaction score
West Virginia, we also have a high doe population.  Depending on the county our doe season is 12 days (with 3 tags), buck season 12 days (two tags), and almost 2 and a half month bow season (3 tags with only 1 having to be a buck), plus a 7 day muzzleloader season (1 tag either sex).

jirvin

Reaction score
Lexington,Kentucky.My cam is about an hour and a half away in Lewis county

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Diamondhead, MS here.   I have 1200 acres of family land about 30 mile southeast of Vicksburg in a community called Jack.  Takes me about three hours to travel there, so I only get to check my two cams every four weeks or so.

It kind of sucks because I just went and got them last weekend and found out a limb fell on the top of one of my cameras and turned the power switch off.  The other had some does which abound up there but nothing special.  I'm still waiting for a pic of a GREAT 10 or 12 pt that I saw this last weekend while walking to my cams.  

Possum

Reaction score
Lexington, SC here.  I hunt in Cades, SC at a  family farm 2 hours toward the lowcountry and Orangeburg, SC 40 minutes from the house.  I have one camera out and one just passed the cat testing phase behind the house.  Our season has been open for 1 week exactly and will run until Jan 1.  I think these cameras are great and they teach you so much.  We have doe days during the year and most counties have a 2 buck a day limit with no limit for the year.   Some counties stop at 5 bucks.  You can choose to get doe tags for a $50 application fee and shoot them anytime after a set day in Sept.  Our worst populated counties probably have a buck to doe ratio of 1:7-10.  Most deer average 1.5 yrs.

Top Bottom